• 7(current)
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies
How do I setup SickBeard to work outside of my home network?? I use Sabnzbd, and Couchpotato and both work just fine when not on home network.

I have Sickbeard on port 7071
I forwarded the port on my router just like I did for Sabnzbd and Couchpotato.
When I go to http://www. yougetsignal.com /tools/open-ports/ it says that port 7071 is Open.
So if its open it should work. What step am I missing?
hi, can someone tell me how to let headphone through windows firewall? i manged cp but hp i can not seem to allow
(2012-11-29, 06:27)ThaDraGun Wrote: How do I setup SickBeard to work outside of my home network?? I use Sabnzbd, and Couchpotato and both work just fine when not on home network.

I have Sickbeard on port 7071
I forwarded the port on my router just like I did for Sabnzbd and Couchpotato.
When I go to http://www. yougetsignal.com /tools/open-ports/ it says that port 7071 is Open.
So if its open it should work. What step am I missing?

Make sure your modem isn't blocking it as well, I have ATT UVerse and I had to set the ports to forward from my modem to my router and from my router to my server. Hope that helps.
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
I've been using xbmc since i had an original black case xbox 1 (and a crystal case) but i had to register to say thanks for the sab/beard setup tutorial XD
(2012-11-30, 23:42)Reginald Wrote: Make sure your modem isn't blocking it as well, I have ATT UVerse and I had to set the ports to forward from my modem to my router and from my router to my server. Hope that helps.

Not sure how to tell if my modem is blocking it.
Dont know how to get to my modem settings either.
If my modem was blocking it wouldnt the test on that site fail..

Is there maybe a different port I should try? Or is there any way to test if the other settings are wrong? ... I figure if I can access it on wifi that means everything else is right (host, api, username/password)
I guess I missed some of that, CP and SAB are accessible remotely right now?
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
(2012-12-03, 21:19)Reginald Wrote: I guess I missed some of that, CP and SAB are accessible remotely right now?

Yes, Sickbeard is the only one not working.

On my cellphone if I turn off data and connect to my home Wifi then Sickbeard does work. CP and SAB works of course too. Turn off wifi and only CP and SAB works.
Thanks for the excellent guide I have both couch potatoe and sickbeard up and running

A couple of points for the guide

The location to download couchpotatoe v2 is https://couchpota.to/

There is a windows installer there so no need to download python now (I think)

The setup screen now seems different from what you stated, but it's easy enough to get through it

In the notification screen you need to input the port user name and password for xbmc (xbmc settings - network - webserver).
This will then update xbmc when a new movie has been added

To stop duplicate movies add your movie directory to the manage tab

When setting up sickbeard you should press save after making changes in each section

Cheers
nzbmatrix The End...

some suggestions as alternatives?
Yeah NZBmatrix is dead.. Was obvious for several reasons. Anyways, now that nzbmatrix was one of headphones & sickbeard & couchpotato's indexers and has been taken down, I am thinking about running my own indexer. Anyone has succeded to setup lets say newznab for their own use?

another nzbmatrix vip whos now homeless!! any nzb.su invites please help!!

or any advice on where to go from here? Sad
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
This is the message on the homepage of nzb.su

Invites: No, you cannot invite anyone right now, and no, we won't make an exception currently.

Registration status: Closed, until further notice

Free Accounts: We still consider these 'at risk' and first to go, but for now I'm done deleting. Just beware if my bandwidth doesn't taper off, this could crop up again...
Hi. This guide was one of the greatest I have ever followed. Everything worked the first time so thank you very much.

I am having some errors in my couch potato log that I can't explain. I installed v2.

07:24:53 ERROR [ app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
07:24:53 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.eta] Failed to open http://couchpotatoapp.com/api/eta/tt2125435/.
07:24:53 ERROR [ app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: HTTP Error 401: Failed because you are using an unsupported version of CP, please update

I am having trouble searching for an answer to this. Any ideas? Thanks
Bradsears,
Having the same problem, same set up, same error message. Ever find a fix?
I am running OpenELEC + XBMC, and am getting the same exact error

08:32:43 ERROR [ app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: <urlopen error [Errno 7] no address associated with hostname.>
08:32:33 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.eta] Failed to open http://couchpotatoapp.com/api/eta/tt0780504/.
08:32:33 ERROR [ app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: HTTP Error 401: Failed because you are using an unsupported version of CP, please update
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies5