Resample mini 2011 intel video
Hi. Hope you can assist me with a query.

Looking at buying a 2011 mac mini tomorrow.

Looking at the threads here I believe if I go for the base model with the intel graphics I will probably get issues with stutter due to 23.9/24 frame rate issue.

I would not be able to live with this and have read that if I enable resample under sync playback to display it will resolve the issue. I will also want to turn on auto frame rate switching in Eden.

My questions are.

1. Will the above solve the issue or will I need to buy the radeon based mini.
2. I will be connecting video hdmi and audio optical spdif. Will I get pass through ok with the above set?

Would prefer the lower spec mini but if I do not get perfect smooth playback like I currently get on the iMac I would prefer to pay a bit more.

Thanks for your help

Darren
I guess you have spend some time investigating this. I have sadly not an answer for you, but I do have the Sandy Bridge Mini with integrated HD3000. The Mini with AMD graphics does support 23.976 natively, but OSx does not. And as far as I know, you will have to run Windows or Linux to enable true 23.976.

I have not noticed the extra added frame every 42? seconds, but I will probably do from now Tongue

Just an (extra) side question, which is the best profile to use with a LCD- or Plasma that support RGB high; is it HD-709a or sRGB colorspace?
SwitcherX can do it.
SwitcherX or SwitchResX?
It is SwitchResX
I tried this with my 2011 Mini, connected to a 2011 Samsung plasma. I don't know the correct custom setting for my setup, but tried the auto CFG and just added the 23.976 fps. It ended up with 23,95 hz in the XBMC system info. I also tried some custom settings I found on the Internet, but SwitchResX would not install those settings.

I have no idea if it is my integrated HD3000, or my plasma that does not accept those settings.
Torroa Wrote:It is SwitchResX
I tried this with my 2011 Mini, connected to a 2011 Samsung plasma. I don't know the correct custom setting for my setup, but tried the auto CFG and just added the 23.976 fps. It ended up with 23,95 hz in the XBMC system info. I also tried some custom settings I found on the Internet, but SwitchResX would not install those settings.

I have no idea if it is my integrated HD3000, or my plasma that does not accept those settings.

If you want to get an exact 23.976, then you have to spend the time learning SwitchResX and tune it toward your particular display. There is no 'one click... done' method to get 23.976 under OSX.
Thanks for the responses.

Bought the base model and tried tonight with various source media type and mixed results.

But it seems like turning off hardware VDADecoder and turning on Video Clock Resample Audio seems to solve most if not all problems.

Only issue I really had tonight was a film (X264 1080P MKV with Dolby Digital Sound) was extremely quiet compared to everything else. Another film with X264 1080P and DTS was fine as was everything with 720P Dolby Digital, so may just have been the encoding of the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resample mini 2011 intel video0