Wireless TV Signal to my PC? Is this setup possible?
Lightbulb 
Hi,

I'm trying to make a setup so that I can watch live cable TV on my PC which is located a couple floors down.

Here is what I am thinking:

Cable Signal Wall Outlet--> 3-way Cable Y-Splitter

From the Y-Splitter:

1) Y-Splitter --> Television 1
2) Y-Splitter --> Cable Modem for Internet
3) Y-Splitter --> Slave Computer with USB PC TV Tuner running Myth (or some other software?)

Then, the slave computer will be connected by ethernet cable to my wireless router.

The target computer will receive by wireless connection the TV signal broadcasted by the wireless router. Using XMBC, I should technically be able to watch the live TV signal?

A couple of things with this:
1) Is this possible?
2) If so, I need it possible so that if I change channels on my slave computer with the TV Tuner, it won't conflict with Television 1 that is hooked up directly to the wall outlet. If I split the signal, you can watch 2 different channels at the same time right?
3) Do I need any other special hardware? What USB TV Tuner would you recommend?
4) How would I change channels? Should I have remote control over my slave PC and use some kind of software to change signals on the PC Tuner? Or do I need a IR Blaster or something?

I've attached a poorly drawn graphical diagram of what I'm trying to accomplish. The dotted lines are ethernet cables, while the solid lines represent coaxial cables.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless TV Signal to my PC? Is this setup possible?0