WASAPI sound issues when unpausing
I did have a search and could not find this issue reported elsewhere on the forums.

My current setup is listed below. I am using the WASAPI option for sound but when unpausing an video file - all formats - the sound stutters and I have to fastforward and then rewind to get it back in sync/non stuttering (or by pressing left then right on the keyboard).

This issue does not seem to happen when using Directsound. I am using Audio Clock to sync the sound.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's not that important as I can use DirectSound but it is annoying.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I mentioned this some time ago and got no replies, I too have a similar issue where upon I pause the film, unpause, then the stream flicks on and off (I see my avr flash from DTS to nothing back to DTS and the stream just suffers as if it's trying to connect ...

The only fix for me is to fast forward or rewind to knock it back into sync.

I too sync with the audio clock...
Anyone have an idea?

Try without Audio Clock?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Tried all methods - same result.

Installed Beta2 and changed to Video clock (audio something) - can't remmeber exact option. So far no stuttering when leaving it paused - will report if I see any.

This has been an issue since Dharma, how about you PatrickBateman?

Nevermind the above post, stuttering is still here.

I'm on Win7 x64 with WASAPI too - I'll see if I can duplicate and get back to you sometime today. Just doing some work on AudioEngine WASAPI sink so gotta switch back to my Eden branch to confirm....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:I'm on Win7 x64 with WASAPI too - I'll see if I can duplicate and get back to you sometime today. Just doing some work on AudioEngine WASAPI sink so gotta switch back to my Eden branch to confirm....

Cheers Smile

In the meantime I saw this little guide on setting up Win7/HDMI and the author mentions using DirectSound over WASAPI to avoid it. For myself the rewards of WASAPI are worth any stutter, but will still confirm if it happens on my rig...
@Piers - yep does that for my setup as well (usually latest nightly, ATI HD6450M gpu). There's no way to set buffer size for Wasapi except programmatically - wonder if that's just too long?

I know in the new AudioEngine it's very short (right now about 50ms!) so shouldn't be an issue once that's merged.
Thanks DDDamian - do you know if the branches will be merged and when that might be?

DDDamian Wrote:In the meantime I saw this little guide on setting up Win7/HDMI and the author mentions using DirectSound over WASAPI to avoid it. For myself the rewards of WASAPI are worth any stutter, but will still confirm if it happens on my rig...

Cheers for looking into this, much appreciated Nod
the only way I could get sound to work properly was in audio settings to choose Directsound NVIDIA HDMI out(NVIDIA HD Audio). If I chose WASAPI it would always stutter on resume.
Piers Wrote:Thanks DDDamian - do you know if the branches will be merged and when that might be?

I know the developer is working hard on it after a brief hiatus to deal with RW issues - and is very far along with it. There have been numerous test builds & merges in the last week by a few users, some merged with the main trunk Beta 1 and others with a PVR branch.

I've been trying my bit of debugging with the WASAPI side (only, I don't have a Linux or OSX platform) and I can say it's getting very close. I've been going through it for the better part of a week and it's a huge endeavour on Gnif's part.

According to him it will not officially merge until Frodo, which makes sense. Will it show up in nightlies and user-compiled branches? Definitely Big Grin

I think (IMHO) you're going to hear a lot about it over the next month or two.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WASAPI sound issues when unpausing0