[OSX] Eden beta does not save video position
Have been using Eden since beta 1 and I just downloaded Beta 2 thinking it would solve this issue and it hasn't. I am running Aeon Nox 2 on it. On Aeon65 on Dharma, stopping a video file and then returning to XBMC later would prompt me as to whether I want to resume from previous position or start from beginning. Since using Aeon Nox 2 on Eden betas 1 and 2 this prompt is gone and every video starts from the beginning automatically. Have tried simply returning to the main menu and trying and also closing XBMC completely and coming back and neither way works. I can't seem to find release notes so I'm not sure if this is a known bug that is being worked on.

I'm running OS 10.7.2 on a 2010 Mac mini and Eden was installed from dmg today.
How far are you into the video? IIRC, the default changed for when it will prompt, as in you need to be into the video a minute or three before it saves the position. This can be manually overwritten by creating an advancedsettings.xml file in your userdata folder with the following text:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <ignoresecondsatstart>15</ignoresecondsatstart> <!-- Number of seconds to ignore at video start after which a resume point is created -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>
Regardless of how far I am into the movie it does not resume. I had been trying with movies after getting around 30 min to 1 hour in. I tried adding that code to advancedsettings.xml but it did not make a difference. Another other ideas?
Let's see what a debug log says. Enable debugging (System/Settings -> System -> Debugging), play a video for a bit, stop it, then try going back and opening it. Then paste xbmc.log (/Users/<username>/Library/Logs/) to pastebin.com (be sure to remove any network share passwords you don't want exposed on the internet).
Thanks, here it goes: http://pastebin.com/q2zzyxz5

I've never done that before so I hope that's what you were hoping to get!
Received no response but just wanted to say that this has been resolved in beta 3 and I'm quite grateful. Thanks for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OSX] Eden beta does not save video position0