Problem with upgrade to beta 2
Last night cydia told me there was an update for xbmc, apparently beta 2 wa released. This morning i encountered some problems after the upgrade, namely that all my video sources had lost there content settings. This might not be such a big problem, only I did a clean library before I discovered this.

Just thought I'd mention this before anyone else looses all the scraped info. I'm just happy that for me it happened on my ipad and not on my centralized mysql database for my apletv's

Remco
kno1 Wrote:I'm just happy that for me it happened on my ipad and not on my centralized mysql database for my apletv's
Remco

What I forgot to mention is that on the appletv's I've enabled the clean on update function in the advanced settings. So I'm glad I can update a liitle more carefully on those. Big Grin
It's more likely that it just lost a network connection long enough for it to see those files as "missing". This is why clean-library-on-startup isn't a good idea for any device using network shares.
Do you mean that loosing the network connection will also clear the content type set to a source? That doesn't seem right to me.

However, on the atv's the problem did not reproduce itself. And i'm lazy about the library and never had any problems before. I really think that somehow the contents type was cleared and that cleared the database.

Because the ipad will be on the move and not always have access to the network storage, I chose not to have auto cleanup enabled on it.

Anyway, anyone using autocleanup, it, might be wise to disable auto update before upgrading and doublecheck if evrything is in order after the upgrade.

Remco
aah, if content type really did clear then something else probably did happen. Not sure what would cause that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with upgrade to beta 20