• 5(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta2 available now
For the last couple of days I had some weird crashes where xbmc just shut down. I wasn't doing anything special except browsing the menus. I noticed that xbmc created some crashreports and I would like to know if you can send them to any dev so they can be reviewed.

Anyone know where i can submit crashreports? I know about the trac website but unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the problem or explain correctly what I was doing at that moment as it appeared just random.
Hey Everyone,

I currently have Beta 1 on my windows 7 pc which powers my setup. If I install Beta 2 do I need to unistall Beta 1 and then install beta 2 or can I just run Beta 2 and it will update everything it needs too?

Prefer not to have to reinstall everything, but will if I have too. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Josh
Star 
exiledone1 Wrote:I currently have Beta 1 on my windows 7 pc which powers my setup. If I install Beta 2 do I need to unistall Beta 1 and then install beta 2 or can I just run Beta 2 and it will update everything it needs too?
Installs over top and keeps all your old settings.. painless.
PatK Wrote:Installs over top and keeps all your old settings.. painless.

Sweet. Thanks PatK
thak you very much
PatK Wrote:Installs over top and keeps all your old settings.. painless.

does it do this over the top of pre eden nightlies too?

thanks
johnmerrick Wrote:does it do this over the top of pre eden nightlies too?

thanks

Shouldn't be a problem to do that. Just make sure you have all non Eden addons removed.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Gatta say that this version is very sweet. The gui is extremely fast. I'm no longer noticing a lag with my Harmony 550 remote.

Only found one glitch so far. I leave my PC on 24/7. Its connected via hdmi to my receiver (see signiture for model). Last night I switched imputs from TV (uverse) to XBMC. The xbmc gui was all shrunk and in the upper left corner of the screen. It maybe took up less than a quarter of the screen. Behind xbmc I could see my windows desktop (win7). I closed and reopened xbmc and it opened fine.

That being said, you probably want a log file. I have enabled debug logging in my advanced settings so I don't get the interruption on screen. Now its just a wait and see situation. If it happens again I'll post the correct log. Just wanted to let you know about the behavior in case others have seen the same thing.

That aside, this version is nearly perfect. Keep up the great work guys!
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Thumbs Up 
Nice work, I love it 1
A little warning
I have experienced slow performance when upgrading from beta1 to beta2. If I install a fresh copy everything works better. I have a multiroom setup with 3 computers, one appletv 2 and a MySQL database.
Havent been able to find much information about the subject so im going directly to the source and ask.
Is PVR included and active in the eden beta builds?
extracted Wrote:Havent been able to find much information about the subject so im going directly to the source and ask.
Is PVR included and active in the eden beta builds?

This has been mentioned before many times. No it will not be standard in Eden.
You can get PVR Eden builts that are made by others.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just a quick question as I have not been able to find this and the wiki looks quite out of date (or not up to date with eden) is there a guide to installing eden beta 2 on linux. Want to move from ppa's to eden beta 2. I don't mind compiling if I have to but just wondered if there was a guide to what ppa's I should use or if I should compile.

Am running on Linux Mint 11 (so assuming Ubuntu guides will be fine as well)

Sorry if I have been unable to find this myself and it is already documented.
Ive been using XBMC for about a year now. Tonight, I updated from Eden beta 1 to beta 2. Suddenly, when I started XBMC after the install, the skin had changed and all of my scraped data has gone. It started to scrape for everything. I quickly quit the program before it made too many changes. Ive spent hours getting my individual choice of covers and poster art and also correcting files which were being misread, or didnt have any covers at all.

Stupidly, I didnt backup anything, so Im worried Ive messed it all up. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Is it possible to recover what I had before by somehow rolling back to Beat 1? Obvoiously Id prefer to have beta 2 working, but I dont really care as it was working perfectly before I went near beta 2.

Just for info, I simply downloaded beta 2 and installed it. I use win 7 64 bit.
To: djrichard:

Maybe do a system restore to a restore point prior to installing beta 2.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta2 available now2