apple tv 2 to time capsule. need help!
So I just jailbroke my apple tv 2 and I'm trying to figure all this stuff out. The main reason I did this was to through movies shows on my timecapsule to watch on my apple tv 2 so I wouldn't need a computer on. Here is what I have done so far:

Jailbroke with seasonpass.
installed nitotv.
installed XBMC 11.0.
added 2 video sources to XBMC (TV and Movies, both are folders on time capsule).
I added the video sources using SMB.
I tried playing a 720p mkv show and after 1 min it had to buffer then every 30 seconds it would buffer for 3 or 4 times before I gave up and tried to figure out what my problem was.
I then tried some stuff I read on the forum like change audio to optic/coax.(didn't help).
I then removed the sources and added them back with zeroconf AFP and that seemed to work no buffering for the first 5 min. But I stopped the show was looking at all the other stuff in XBMC like changing my weather region, etc. I went back to the show and now when I click on either folder it tells me something like remote sharing can't connect to network server. If I delete the source and add it back I can access them again. but if I leave the show and come back after a certain amount of time again it seems I always have to re add the source to be able to see it.

couple things to note:
apple tv 2 is connected through netgear powerline to time capsule smb didn't have a problem with remote sharing just playing. afp seems to play fine(with the limite amount i tried) but can't connect to the source after awhile.
I don't know if this helps but when I do try and add the source with the time capsule it always times out then I try it again and it connects. this happens every time I add a source and with both afp and smb. If I try to access the folder from my computer it seems to take awhile to index the time capsule so I don't know if its the hard drive constantly going to sleep on the time capsule or something. I also saw something about changing a conf file on the time capsule while I was searching but didn't know how to do that. It was changing a value from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 (sorry I can't remember what the exact instructions where).

So I guess my questions are is there a timeout setting I need to change on XBMC to give it more time to search for the source?
Is there a setting on the time capsule I need to change so it doesn't take as long to connect?
Is there another way to setup AFP other then zeroconf that is better?
Lastly should I try the changing of the config file value (if so is there tutorial on how to do this).

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple tv 2 to time capsule. need help!0