Fuzzy picture when viewing TV
Hi,

I've recently bought a DVB-T USB card (Kworld U395) and have installed the latest margo's pre-eden XBMC PVR build with mediaportal TV backend.

Things are generally working well (and thanks to XBMC developers for their amazing development) but when I watch TV the picture looks quite fuzzy.

I read somewhere this has to do with the deinterlacing options, I tried all of the available ones but they all don't really seem to do a very good job. When the picture is deinterlaced the picture looks generally OK, but I get the weaving effect on fast moving pictures. All the deinterlacing options (Auto, half deinterlace and deinterlace) product fuzzy results.

I read on the forum something about DXVA but I can't see this option at all...

Any idea what can be done?
I am running Win XP.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Ariel.
Sorry for resurrecting an old post, but I'm having the same problem. It's fine using Mediaportal, but I get this blurred "lines" in fast motion in XBMC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
deinterlacing options are configured incorrectly or your hardware isn't fast enough to do it. there's tons of posts about that here.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fuzzy picture when viewing TV0