Ipad2, cck, xbmc and hyperdrive
Hey all

Has anyone got one of the hyperdrive harddrives that connect up to 1tb to your iPad?

I'm real interested in getting one if xbmc can have full access to playing the media off it via the camera connection kit?

Does anyone recommend it/know if it works well with xbmc?
It should work just as well as anything else via the CCK (which XBMC can use, as mentioned in the FAQ)
I've jut found this on a blog, it looks like its not worth the hassle to get it to work!

My hyperdrive (an external hdd for ipad) arrived last week. I chose the casing-only option and ordered a 1 TB hdd from amazon. Worked out a lot cheaper that way, but I did have some trouble getting the hdd to work with the hyperdrive. It took me two attempts at formatting before it would display as a device when plugged into the iPad. Navigation is clumsy to say the least, but it works as advertised. What really interested me however was whether it would work together with iFile because I don't to just be able to copy from the hyperdrive to the iPad, but access files directly from the hyperdrive like I would be able to with files on a SD card. Turns out it partially works, but not the way I had hoped it does. Probably due to the on-the-fly segmenting that hyperdrive does in order to make large hdd's accessible to the iPad, I can access one folder at the time using iFile and only the last folder I had open when using the hypderdrive normally. If I want another folder, I have access it using the PhotoApp first and then go back to iFile and then I can see the files in it, unfortunately not under their original file names.
Has anyone got a hard rive to work?? Only thing I can get working are flash drives

Bearing in mind to get them to work I have to use a powered hub!

Using the wireless hard drives isn't an option for me as I can't use wifi in the area I wanna use the ipad
They should work just fine. I don't have an iPad, so I can't test, but I do recall reading about other people being able to access a USB HDD through the CCK with little issue. The main thing is the format of the drive doesn't like files over 2GB (you can use uncompressed-multi-part rar's to get around this). I'd say do some google sleuthing and check the jailbreak websites for info, because there should be a pain-free way to access stuff. Maybe it needs a Cydia tweak or something.
Really cool news to see the ipad2 can now be jailbroken without tether.
Hopefully we will see more people using xbmc on the ipad2. Smile sorry to be off-topic, I'm just chuffed!!
Sorry if I'm intruding, but why don't you try the CloudFTP which is sold in the same shop as HyperDrive.

It can power HDD, create its own wireless network for iPad to connect to and more importantly it supports FTP, which I think can stream to XBMC. But it only has 5-hours of battery life so I don't think you can enjoy much on a long flight. Still I don't have one right now to test if it works with XBMC on iPad so if you get a chance to test it, please let me know the result. Thanks LaughLaugh

CloudFTP - HyperShop
its wireless which is no good to me, ive done some googling today and i think i may have found something, just need to format my hdd to fat 32 lba. having probs finding how i can add the lba part to the format, anyone any ideas?

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/5...n-kit.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad2, cck, xbmc and hyperdrive0