ATV2 XBMC B2 Crash
ATV2 4.4 - untethered via Seas0npass
XBMC Beta 2 - org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b2_iphoneos-arm.deb

Description:
Ever since installing XBMC B2, been having crashes, usually right before a show ends or sometime in the middle. They do not really seem random as it happens with every show, at least any show > 20 minutes. The logs below happened right before a show ended, or soon after, debug was on and all three logs should be posted. No noticeable playback issues other than the crashes. I also verified that the permissions are set to mobile:mobile for the XBMCData dir, they are.

Install Method:
Downloaded the .deb and did a dpkg -i xbmc.deb install. The previous version was from NitoTV, and I just installed over top. I did not wipe the library (trying to avoid doing that...again) since the update (or prior to). I did not enable any addons, I actually disable a few before switching to the B2. Skin is Confluence. The web interface was enabled, however, started the show with the ATV2 remote.

Files:
http://pastebin.com/miuXKYQy - syslog
http://pastebin.com/eUz4yNim - xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/iM3tKRPY - CrashReporter

The crash happened around 21:52

Going to downgrade tomorrow, as this is un-watchable, unfortunately. Hopefully the fix is simple.
What NFS server are you using. Long time that i've seen a crash in NFS again. Be carefull dude - be carefull - don't crash my baby!!! Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm getting crashes with the exact same (well, assumedly) cause - It's crashing with the last message being NFS using cached contexts.

For the NFS server, I'm using the default nfs-kernel-server in Ubuntu 11.10 (1:1.2.4-1ubuntu2).

I'm running the exact same setup software wise (4.4.4, using latest seas0npass and xbmc 11.0-0~b2. Can't seem to recreate it at the moment or I'd post error logs.
Using the nfs-kernel-server for Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick. I was using samba a month ago, but had a bunch of crashes on that as well and switched to NFS in hope that it would resolve that, which it did.

I will try and see if NFS needs and update and upgrade it. If all else fails I will switch back to Samba and see how that goes.

Here is the NFS version info:

http://pastebin.com/jvX8Qm7v
@premiso please disable thumbnail extraction as mentioned in the wiki ios faq and retry ...

@Sutto - post a log - i want to be sure that you have the same issue ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It was turned off in B1, but I will verify this later tonight when I get home and let you know how it goes. I just ass/u/me d it would still be off, but yea I should have re-went through the wiki first.

Thanks.
Mhh not sure ... it looks like its on from the log ... but i might miss interpret it ...
Yea, I would agree, I don't remember seeing those thumbnail items prior to in any of my other debug logs. So that could be it, either or, we will know in about 6 hours or so Smile
No need to debug further - i found the issue ... Sad

Will be fixed in b3 then. Sadly i can't even give you a temporarly solution on this. Omg ... i will have a hard time until b3 to answer all that crash posts Wink
lol! Nice (I guess), glad I was able to assist. Looking forward to B3 now and will downgrade in the mean time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 XBMC B2 Crash0