Syncing Multiple Boxes without NAS
My wife has given me the green light to get a second computer to install XBMC on. I typically have run XBMCFreak installs on my box right now but am thinking of transitioning to OPENElec. However, my main concern is how to set it up so that the library on my main box will be visible on the new computer as well. As of now, I have a 1.5 TB hard drive in an external enclosure hooked into my Revo via eSATA. Everything is mounted fine and it works great.

Whenever I read about having multiple installations of XBMC, I read about needing to have a NAS set up. My external hard drive is not a NAS and I wanted to ensure that I can still set up some sort of file sharing or syncing between the two installations.

If there are guides that could help then that would be great too.

Thanks in advance!
Install samba server on the first PC, share desired folders to the second.
Wonderful, that would be easier than I thought. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Ah, you want syncing, too? Install mysql on the first one as well:
http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house
Well I'm not 100% sure if I need syncing or not. If it's not too much of a headache then it wouldn't hurt to add it. But it's not something that I'm absolutely needing. I'll check out the guide though. Thanks again, you've been very helpful.
Since your 1st machine has to be on when you watch movies on the 2nd you should just use MySQL so you dont have to update both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syncing Multiple Boxes without NAS0