Can anyone help?
I am new to XBMC (and AppleTV). Have done successful AppleTV 4.4.4 jailbreak (SeasonPass) & got XBMC via NitoTV. Have tried to add video source since last night, keep getting 'error 2' code as soon as I hit 'Windows SMB' link. I have done the file sharing thing on my Mac system preferences & when I go to About file it does say file sharing is on... what am I missing?
I am very new to this & advance apologies for certain ignorance!
Would very much appreciate help, as using handbrake to convert files is rather long winded & Plex doesn't work on 4.4.4 - not even the 0.9 beta version that should work. Was really hoping XBMC was the solution to watch stuff from my Mac directly on Apple TV....
What version of Mac OS are you using?
I am also new and have spend many hours trying to figure out how to get video sources. I think I am in the same boat diberlin is in. I can't find any videos to watch or if I do well it doesn't work, doesn't load, error message, no stream...etc. I am new but I pick up fast. I have downloaded tons of video add ons, and just I don't know...
Ohburn, you must be very tired from trying all those things as you didn't put any effort into your post. You have not told us anything useful.

Ned is asking what version of osx the orignal poster is using because smb does not work on Lion.

If you can't add a source properly try http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

Read the faq. Learn how to post a question. Read stuff. Provide an xbmc.log if you still have problems.
Well I have looked at that site and have read it over three or four times already. I have downloaded hulu, free cable, and etc on xmbc. I live in Canada however and I believe I can't watch anything well because I am not in the states/states ip/VPN.

I don't really know how to get logs and how to read the code very well. Would that be the reason I'm not able to do 80% on the downloaded content of my apple tv?
@ Ned Scott: Mac OS X 10.6.8
Ohburn Wrote:Well I have looked at that site and have read it over three or four times already. I have downloaded hulu, free cable, and etc on XBMC. I live in Canada however and I believe I can't watch anything well because I am not in the states/states ip/VPN.

I don't really know how to get logs and how to read the code very well. Would that be the reason I'm not able to do 80% on the downloaded content of my apple tv?

Legal streamed content is usually limited geographically. Try getting anything to work from Australia Sad

Stuff you have downloaded should play fine as long as it is h264 or sd and not interlaced.
Quote:Legal streamed content is usually limited geographically. Try getting anything to work from Australia

Stuff you have downloaded should play fine as long as it is h264 or sd and not interlaced.

Interlaced?
Look up progressive scan and interlacing yourself.
XBMC will play pretty much anything you can point it at. It just won't play it very well if it is in a format the atv2 can't handle.

Enough of this thread hijack.

@diberlin
You have many other options available to share media from a Mac
afp, webdav, nfs and ftp.
afp is the easiest to set up but some people have problems with crashes. It might be a good starting point any way. Have a read of the online manual about it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_sharing
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can anyone help?0