How to setup xbmc player for tv multicast streams
hi,

im trying to make a small app with python, its a zapper (channel up/down), the multicast tv channels are over my network, its only needed a igmp request subscription to the multicast group.

its posible to make this with the current version of the xbmc player Huh?. something like this:

xbmc.player().play(udp://239.0.0.1:8208)

thanks for all.

best regards,
raul.
zazu24 Wrote:hi,

im trying to make a small app with python, its a zapper (channel up/down), the multicast tv channels are over my network, its only needed a igmp request subscription to the multicast group.

its posible to make this with the current version of the xbmc player Huh?. something like this:

xbmc.player().play(udp://239.0.0.1:8208)

thanks for all.

best regards,
raul.

Hello Raul,

did you get any answer for this?
After three years, I´m still wondering if this is possible.
In fact, I would like to play the streaming coming from a PCSAT.

Thanks - Gracias!
regards,
Alfredo.
Hi,

This thread gives some idea, but I haven't been able to test it (no multicast in my network right now): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49232

If this does not work, an alternative approach might be possible:
- use small C application to catch the desired multicast stream and write it to a local pipe
- open the pipe in XBMC player.

I've tested this briefly with ffplay and a simple mp3 file stream - it works, which makes me believe it's likely to work with XBMC also.

Since I needed a more reliable stream that would emulate an IPTV, I next tried a standard radio online MP3 stream (it was unicast, but that did not matter for the test). I had only one issue here: since the stream carries no data about the compression method etc. (usually available in a file header or in a server response when requesting a unicast stream), the player does not know how to process the data. I could not find a way to tell ffplay about such a "raw" stream, but mplayer handled it properly through "rawaudio" demuxer and the "0055" fourcc code. Any idea how can one supply XBMC.Player() required parameters to handle such a raw stream?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup xbmc player for tv multicast streams0