Media Content Thumbnail/Fanart/Info
Hi All,

I've only been using xbmc for a few weeks now and my initial reaction is that is fantastic!

Everything is working perfectly on my apple TV 2, although I'm worried about using up the limited free space. I am currently using IMDB scrapper to download movie info/thumbs/fanart and I believe this is stored locally on the ATV2 itself?

What I would like to do is use the IMDB scrapper but set it to store the files with in the relevant folder. My movies are all on a smb share called "movies" and each film has its own folder.

Is there a way I can set imdb to store the content for each film with its folder on the share?

Many thanks for your help.

Sam
You can shunt the thumbnails onto external storage using pathsubstitution which is what people do when they use an external database.

The database and thumbnails don't take up much room. It would take you a hell of a lot of content to fill up 8GB worth! If your atv2 is filling up it is more likely that there are cached files from Apple or some streaming service doing it.
Thank you for your reply. Can I use pathsubstitution to make each fan art go to the sub directory where the movie file is stored? or can I only do this to move the thumbnails act to one folder i.e. "thumbnails"?

Sam
You can only use it to relocate the "special" locations where all the thumbnails etc are located.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Content Thumbnail/Fanart/Info0