Hardware Allceration Option in Win 7?
Hey Everyone,

I'm curious as to this option. What advantage is there for me to turn the hardware alleceration option on? Should I turn it on? I read something on the wiki about h264 files, but as far as I know my PC plays them without this option.

Just noticed it and thought I would see if it serves me to turn it on? Would this option affect video streaming in any way too?
Do you mean should you turn on possible DXVA2 acceleration in XBMC? (settings/system/video?). Sure, The idea is to utilize GPU's videoDecoding power instead of pure CPU usage. Especially for H264 high-profile coded 1080p videos..
Cool. Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.
Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place but I have searched for an answer to this issue under Windows 7 (x64) and cannot find it.

I have an ATI Radeon 4600 with the latest drivers directly from AMD. I loaded Frodo RC3 and enabled DXVA2. When I try to play files ripped at 1080p I get super choppy video. I looked at the OSD and line two reads "dc:ff-h264." and line two lists my CPU average at 100%. It appears that hardware accel. is not working here.

What am I missing here? Thanks in advance.
Wrong audio device settings can cause choppy video.
Have you tried to install the AMD ATI Catalyst 11.3 Linux Display Driver it also supports CrossfireX if you have 2 cards...it should be an easy install you can set it up in the AMD gui after installed. Hope this helps.
@baijuxavior - It seems pretty clear that the issue is the lack of hardware acceleration given the OSD indications.

@krodrigue - I should install a linux driver in Win7?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware Allceration Option in Win 7?0