How to integrate XBMC into Windows 7?
Hi,

I have installed XBMC 10.1 on Windows 7 and so far Im starting it manually after windows is up and running.

It would hover be great to be able to integrate XBMC more in Windows. What Im looking for is :
  • Autostart
  • When hitting shutdown I need the computer to go in to sleepmode
  • I need to be able to get easy access to Windows so I could use firefox or any other internet browser.
  • I need to be able to remote XBMC with my Harmony One remote (do have USB receiver that worked good in OpenElec)
  • Turn on Windows7 and XBMC with the Harmony One remote

Is EventGhost the solution to all my problems?
snowjim Wrote:Hi,

It would hover be great to be able to integrate XBMC more in Windows. What Im looking for is :
  • Autostart
  • When hitting shutdown I need the computer to go in to sleepmode
  • I need to be able to get easy access to Windows so I could use firefox or any other internet browser.
  • I need to be able to remote XBMC with my Harmony One remote (do have USB receiver that worked good in OpenElec)
  • Turn on Windows7 and XBMC with the Harmony One remote

Is EventGhost the solution to all my problems?

1) Autostart the same way as any other windows program, i.e by putting XBMC shortcut into the windows "Startup" folder.

2)Settings - System - Powersaving. (Set to suspend)

4)My XBMC is totally controlled by Harmony One, so no problems there. Perhaps check out the guide which is around here somewhere.

5)As Above-

I do all of the above without Eventghost.
I just replaced the shell with xbmc &run explorer from the task manager if I need to. Only see the w7 welcome screen on boot, but I'm sure that'd be removable too.
Installed HippoVNC as a service for my remote & all's good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to integrate XBMC into Windows 7?0