xbmc freezes
hi,
I'm using win 7 64 bit (WoW) SP1 build 7601, Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 4GB of RAM and XBMC 10.1 Git: e9e9099 (Compiled: Mar 8 2011).
Lately, it takes several minutes for XBMC to open and when I choose one of the options in the menu (videos, for examples) it takes the program about 5 minutes to respond - and it goes on whenever I choose a folder to open, even if it's a local folder in the pc running xbmc.
I've took a debug log and pasted it here:
http://pastebin.com/aPvCKGhu

I couldn't understand what makes the delay in opening the program and I have to say that it doesn't always happen, but it does happen pretty often.
I'd really appreciate any help!
Thanks!
XBMC isn't supported in RDP sessions. It does usually work, more by accident than design, but you may encounter problems.

Having said that, your log shows masses of scraping activity. You may find if you leave the PC on overnight it will speed up when all the scraping is finished.

JR
So disabling the auto scan should improve the loading time?
stitz Wrote:So disabling the auto scan should improve the loading time?

It's worth a try.

JR
Thanks for the help - unfortunately it didn't helpSad
I started fresh and uninstalled xbmc and installed the new xbmc Eden beta 2 version.
I found out that when I'm adding a folder under "adding files" or when I try to access the local HDD under videos it freezes for about 2 minutes (in addition to the long time it takes to start xbmc).
I've posted a new debug output, much shorter then the previous one:
http://pastebin.com/perUdC3r

The freezing occurred at 23:53 hour, for 2 minutes, when I tried access a folder named "torrents" after I've added it under "adding files" - you can see the jump from 23:53:31 to 23:55:20.

Again - I'm pretty new in this so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks again!
Found the problem - I remembered the problems started few weeks ago after updating win7, so I just went and uninstalled all the recent updates I've done.
The first 3 didn't change much, but when I've uninstalled the fourth, and restarting XBMC - it just flew! No delays in opening XBMC and no freezing when entering the videos folders through XBMC!
Thought you might wanna know it - the security update that made the trouble was KB2584146.
Thanks again for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc freezes0