• 32(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
I am not sure what is going on. I am trying to play an episode andit will run quite a few ads and then exit back to the episode list without playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am having a similar issue. I select a show and it plays a network pre-roll even though I set it off and returns me to the list of episodes. When I go back to the plugin to check the config, the network pre-roll is selected again. I de-selected it and pressed OK to save but it does not seem to save the settings. Can't get any major network shows to play except for the network pre-roll.

This is on an ATV2 with all the latest versions. Appreciate any help...
Ok, I hope this will be a simple problem and solution. I'm trying to get the strm from my queue or subscription but I don't see any option in the contextual menu. I'm logged into Hulu and able to see my queue/subscriptions. When I bring up the contextual menu all I see is:

Remove from Queue, Play With Subtitled, Assign Subtitles, Select Quality, Vote for Video, Add to Favorites, Update Library, Add-on Settings, and Now Playing...

I was looking on how to dump the strm files and I saw some comments that it should be it in the contextual menu but I don't see anything in there. I'm probably missing something super simple and stupid.

Thanks in advance!
dfa82: the contextual menu that allows you to "dump" your queue or subscriptions into your library is attached to the "queue" or "subscriptions" folders, not the streams themselves. You need to back up a few levels until you see these two choices.
That did it. That's for the help!

(2012-04-11, 02:14)BlueCop Wrote: You are trying to play a plus teir video and are not authorized for the full video. You are only authorized for the preview.

tuen off plus in the settings and it won't list that plus content.

I have plus on my account, though I'm not sure my credentials are working. There doesn't seem to be any clear indication that they passed/failed, other than I guess only getting the first 90 seconds of videos. I have tried using my screen name and e-mail as the username.
Bluecop any chance you tell me what needs to be changed to null hulu expired content pop up in xbmc?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2012-04-12, 01:23)RJS77 Wrote: I am having a similar issue. I select a show and it plays a network pre-roll even though I set it off and returns me to the list of episodes. When I go back to the plugin to check the config, the network pre-roll is selected again. I de-selected it and pressed OK to save but it does not seem to save the settings. Can't get any major network shows to play except for the network pre-roll.

Does anyone have this problem on an ATV2? When I save changes to the configuration to remove pro-roll etc. and come back after trying the plug-in again they are reset back to what they were previously set to. I still cannot play any network shows, only the pre-roll plays and takes me back to the list of shows and says NBC Intro or ABC Intro with a check next to it.

Awesome plug-in. I appreciate any help. Thx
(2012-04-11, 15:53)brad0383 Wrote: I am not sure what is going on. I am trying to play an episode andit will run quite a few ads and then exit back to the episode list without playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(2012-04-12, 01:23)RJS77 Wrote: I am having a similar issue. I select a show and it plays a network pre-roll even though I set it off and returns me to the list of episodes. When I go back to the plugin to check the config, the network pre-roll is selected again. I de-selected it and pressed OK to save but it does not seem to save the settings. Can't get any major network shows to play except for the network pre-roll.

I have the same problem running XBMC 11.0 and Hulu plugin 3.4.5, on Windows 7 AND on Linux! I've tried turning network pre-roll and commercial breaks off, I've tried turning them on, I've tried changing the number of commercials in each, every configuration I can think of, and it never will play an actual video. It only ever plays the commercials. Unless I set the number of pre-roll commercials, post commercials and commercial breaks all to zero, in which case it doesn't play anything at all. It just goes right back to the menu.
(2012-04-14, 03:19)xxiworld Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 15:53)brad0383 Wrote: I am not sure what is going on. I am trying to play an episode andit will run quite a few ads and then exit back to the episode list without playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem running XBMC 11.0 and Hulu plugin 3.4.5, on Windows 7 AND on Linux! I've tried turning network pre-roll and commercial breaks off, I've tried turning them on, I've tried changing the number of commercials in each, every configuration I can think of, and it never will play an actual video. It only ever plays the commercials. Unless I set the number of pre-roll commercials, post commercials and commercial breaks all to zero, in which case it doesn't play anything at all. It just goes right back to the menu.

Hey....I figured this out finally....

This is what worked for me:

In my ATV2:

1: in /private/ver/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data check the date on the plugin.video.hulu settings.xml file. For some reason mine was dated back to Jan 2012.

2: Delete the settings.xml in the plugin.video.hulu folder

3: Go back into the HULU Configuration and select default or any settings needed and save (OK)

4: Try playing network videos. I had success.

The settings file now displays the current date of when I changed the config and also saves any changes. I hope this helps anyone with an ATV2 and is having the same issue. Super happy all works well now.
I notice if I pause an episode for more than 30 seconds or so, it returns me to the menu with an error when I try to resume. Is there anyway around this?
I am having the same problem as everyone else, i.e. multiple commercials, tthen it returns me to the episode list. I checked on RJS&&'s suggestion, but my settings.xml files all appear to be current. I am running WIndows 7, not ATV2, so maybe there is a different solution out there somewhere.
I tried deleting the settings.xml file on my Win7 setup, even though it was up to date. It didn't solve the problem and in fact, it made it so that I couldn't get into the configuration at all and the hulu plugin fails when you try to run it.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the hulu plugin, and am back to being able to only play commercials. This seems to be a widespread problem. I really hope a solution can be found, because it is making it so that I can't use XBMC regularly and have to rely on Plex and / or Hulu Desktop as well.
Hi,

I don't know what I have been changing or it is a bug with HULU plugin. My favorites list does not seem to be updated anymore but removal works (i.e. if I remove from either hulu.com or within xbmc, the change does get update). New entry added from hulu.com does not get updated in XBMC. Does anyone see this same issue?

Thanks,

stanley
(2012-04-15, 23:45)LangTuSJ Wrote: I don't know what I have been changing or it is a bug with HULU plugin. My favorites list does not seem to be updated anymore but removal works (i.e. if I remove from either hulu.com or within xbmc, the change does get update). New entry added from hulu.com does not get updated in XBMC. Does anyone see this same issue?

That happened to me a week or so ago for a couple of different random days. I posted a debug log, but the problem cleared itself up with no changes, so I just chalked it up to some oddity with responses from m.hulu.com.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17