• 2(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Smile 
BlueCop,

Thank you mate for your prompt response and my apologies for not being detailed enough in my prior post. Also I want to express my gratitude for your work on this and other useful plug-ins moreover for taking the time to answer help me with my issue yourself. To answer your question have you tried to open full screen mode? Yes, I have tried to open via tab bottom and every other method that I know and did some research other in an effort find any others to no avail.

Using:
OS Windows 7 sp1 most current build; Xbmc edems 11.

This is the log; http://pastebin.com/p5AT80A3

I have installed the, kreeturez auto update script. Thank you kreeturez for your efforts and sharing them with us.

Issue:
After selecting the video that I want to watch, the time counter starts moving. it does tell me the name of the advertisement is playing(can hear it) but I cannot see anything just backscreen. Then by using ESC I go to the home screen I can see the video playing in a small window (Playing now window).

I have not found the possible culprit of this but I am not close to being as good as some of you are with this.

Bluecop you made a comment in regards the skin (BTW the name of the skin is AEON MQ3 sorry for the mistake). DID you see something in the log that will point that may be a skin issue?

I’m humbling requesting for somebody to point the location of the librtmp on windows. I want to see what version I have "if possible", and probably replace it to see if this addresses the issue. Also if someone have something like this happened to them please share your ideas

Again; thank you BlueCop for your work and even more for sharing with the rest of us.
Pgeek: the video would not even play if it was a problem with librtmp. You are good if you are getting playback

You can easily test if it is a skin issue. Switch to confluence and try it. If it doesn't work with that particular skin then I am not sure how to debug it.

Also try to disable DXVA and see what happens. It could be an issue there. Do other H264 videos play without issue?
Thanks for posting this thread. Very useful. Mine is working fine now (from Ireland using a VPN). Oddly under Eden beta 1 I couldn't install the repo so tried to install the add-on from a zip but got an old version. Under beta 2 the repo installed fine and promptly updated the add-on itself and all is well Smile
Bluecop thanks again for answering this fast…

Mate THANKS I can See the Advertisement now in full screen only step taken was to disable the DXVA hope it helps anybody having the same issue.
Sorry to trouble you; again but now I am having the following error “can’t find the next item to play”
After it does play the advertisement. I am trying to find a related post with suggested solutions to this particular issue but I have not find one. This is the log files (that thing was huge); so I divided the file in to 6 parts;

http://pastebin.com/p5AT80A3
http://pastebin.com/TRjYbD18
http://pastebin.com/NBcLVeSF
http://pastebin.com/QcPUGsT5
http://pastebin.com/94txy9zk
http://pastebin.com/EMtV8fY5

I am sorry for the size of this log but since I cannot determine what will be relevant to you I decided to included all information. Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

Thanks;
BlueCop
Hi has anyone managed to figure out how to get past the "please select quality level" screen on apple tv2 went to settings for addon and changed my preferred quality level to a few different ones and also turned advert setting to 0.

Am able to select my show and episode now but cannot get past this screen?

anyone?
I upgraded to Eden b2 this morning, upgraded the hulu plugin and, without changes to any of my settings I got a script error. I enabled debugging. Here's the pastebin of that output from the time I enabled debugging until I generated another hulu error.

I had pre-roll ads on, so I turned them off. After that the error went away and video would load. I turned pre-roll ads back on I tried another CDN and got the error again. I tried this all on my development machine, and everything worked (ads and all). Then I realized that I had never logged into my hulu account on my dev machine. Once I logged in to hulu the development machine exhibited the same problems. I disabled the hulu login on my production machine, re-enabled all the ads, and everything works fine.

I'm trying some other variants, but right now it looks like my choices are logging in to hulu and having no ads or not logging in and getting ads. Man, I've never worked so hard to watch ads in my entire life. Wink

Update: I turned off pre-rolls and left the in-show ads on. The good news is that the video runs. The bad news is that when it gets to the ad, it generates an error and then moves on to the next segment of the video.
antonshah Wrote:Hi has anyone managed to figure out how to get past the "please select quality level" screen on apple tv2 went to settings for addon and changed my preferred quality level to a few different ones and also turned advert setting to 0.

anyone?

Yes. Absolutely. Works without any issues for me.
antonshah Wrote:Hi has anyone managed to figure out how to get past the "please select quality level" screen on apple tv2 went to settings for addon and changed my preferred quality level to a few different ones and also turned advert setting to 0.

anyone?

For preferred quality level, choose "Ask", CDN server "Akami".
Is there any way to get Hulu to work in Canada?
If you are outside the united states then this isnt the place to get help.

I just added proxy support. no vpn or dns service needed. just enter the ip and port in te settings.

this isn't a place to ask how or where to find a proxy.

If you are outside the US then you won't get support for bypassing geo blocks.

I will add something to the first post. sorry I am just getting up. I will try to reply to people soon.
Ok thanks, and sorry about that.
BlueCop Wrote:"$HOME/.xbmc/plugins" is incorrect it should be "$HOME/.xbmc/addons/"
Sorry, I was up late when I posted that, and I meant was at '$HOME/.xbmc/addons'.

BlueCop Wrote:NobodyHere: what procedure are you following exactly? I don't know where your issues are coming from. after you install my repo from zip what do you do?
I downloaded your zipped repo from the unofficial addons page you linked to. In XBMC, I go to 'Settings->Addons->Install from zip file', and add your repo. I then return to 'Settings->Addons->Get addons', and proceed to attempt installing the Hulu plugin. This always fails.

BlueCop Wrote:Could you delete those manual installs and install it from zip.
I've already done this. I've downloaded your repo, extracted it, and place it in the '$HOME/.xbmc/addons' directory. When I go to install Hulu through it, it fails same as above.

The strange thing with both of these is that when I quit/restart XBMC, the '$HOME/.xbmc/addons/repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins' directory is always gone.
NobodyHere: This has stumped me. I would love to know how you fix it when you do.
I too am getting the script error on version 3.0.5 I tried all various ad settings to no avail. The plugin crashes as soon as I click on hulu so I dont think it even is getting to anything to do with ads.
-Stampee
I need logs to know whats up.

It is loading some information from the token.xml if you have one so the ad experience is customized to your account. like on hulu if you customize the type of ads you want.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17