• 6(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
sirmeili: I don't know what 'favorites' on hulu is. There isn't a cache for anything in that process. If it shows up in the subscriptions of the plugin then it will show up in your library. those shows are still in your subscriptions. I don't know how you are trying to remove them. It will not clear anything it has already exported into your library. You have to go to the files and delete them if you no longer want them. I will be adding expiration system in a bit.

llamedo: you're going to have to debug it. I don't know.

mattsidnell: post some logs of the script failing. i will take a look.
BlueCop Wrote:sirmeili: I don't know what 'favorites' on hulu is. There isn't a cache for anything in that process. If it shows up in the subscriptions of the plugin then it will show up in your library. those shows are still in your subscriptions. I don't know how you are trying to remove them. It will not clear anything it has already exported into your library. You have to go to the files and delete them if you no longer want them. I will be adding expiration system in a bit.

Sorry Bluecop. Favorites is what Hulu now calls subscriptions. I guess it is a recent change.

I have also deleted all the folders on the drive for those shows and done a library clean. They were added back, but only after the autoupdate, I don't think it did it on a manual one. I will try again tonight with the plugin and then with the auto update to verify. I'm wondering if it isn't something that perhaps the timer is doing differently that the plugin doesn't do. I'm guessing not, but it did add about 10 shows that were definitely not in the folder already and are not in my subscriptions/favorites on Hulu (though they were at one point). They also do not show up in the plugin under subscriptions. Very odd indeed and maybe it was just a fluke on my end.
It has always been subscriptions. I didn't know if you were referring to something else. it dumps your queue and subscriptions. removing a show from your subscriptions won't remove them from your queue. it just removes them from being auto-added to your queue.

I would suggest managing your queue and subscriptions on the website to confirm it has the items you want.

errr sorry i am incorrect. they call it Favorites now on the website. strange. I don't go there enough.
you were right, it was my queue. I emptied and will try again tonight. I didn't know the plugin pulled from the queue and now I feel dump since I even noticed that it had a lot of episodes in it.

However, if you go to the site, you will see that "Subscriptions" has now been changed to "Favorites". I only know this because it took me a while the other night to find out how to subscribe to a show when all I saw was "Add to favorites" everywhere.

In this screenshot you can see where it now says "Favorites" next to "Recommendations":

and here is the text from Hulu:

"Subscriptions are now Favorites

We've made following and sharing your favorite shows easier by introducing favorites. Now you can mark any show as your favorite and get notified if a new episode or clip has been added to your queue. You can also see which of your friends follow the same shows as you.
Quickly access your favorite shows from a tab on Hulu's home page and TV page.
To get you started, we've added any of your existing subscriptions to your Favorites list."

Not trying to be a prick, just letting you know about the change is all Smile Great plugin Smile

edit: didn't see that you noticed they changed it. Smile
I never uploaded a log, I hope I did it right. Here's the log for the 407 Authentication Required error: http://pastebin.com/xZ4jppnR
Hi BlueCop,

For the library dumping, will your plugin delete expired .strm's (and the corresponding .nfo) when they are no longer available on Hulu?

Also, is there any way to configure how the title gets modified. Currently, you append " (Hulu)" to it. I'd like to change this. If it's not configurable i can just change it in the source, but wasn't sure if there's an official way to configure it.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
bradvido88 Wrote:Also, is there any way to configure how the title gets modified. Currently, you append " (Hulu)" to it. I'd like to change this. If it's not configurable i can just change it in the source, but wasn't sure if there's an official way to configure it.

It's definitely not configurable right now, I looked. Wink

Just search the hulu plugin directory for the string (without the double quotes) "+' (Hulu)'" There are three places in one file you have to change, I just can't remember which file.

This was actually on my list to put in as a request (to either have it modifiable or have a flag to include or not include it). I'd also love to be able to have the queue/subscription updates done quietly (i.e. without the notification popping up). For now I just remark out the notification in the code.
BlueCop Wrote:I tried to work out a solution that wouldn't break xbmc built in stop/resume support in Eden. It will add an item in the queue after the main video that will remove the video from the queue. So you will always want to stop the video and not skip forward or else it will prematurely remove it from your queue. this is new in 3.1.5

XBMC stop/resume support works correctly in 3.1.5

Posting to your history is also back in 3.1.5

Thanks for the enhancement! I tried it out a few hours ago.
bradvido88 & pkscuot: I will ad an option so that is name appendage is configurable in the settings.

I am changing a few things in library exporting so it won't keep your expired items.

I will make it will display notifications when manually launched but not when using auto-update. I can add a toggle for that though.
Hail, just noticed that Blue Dragon: Uncut anime has no subtitles. I checked this on apple tv 2, xbox and pc. Cheers V

I had done the settings correct - I had "Use Captions unchecked."

Fine now. The additions sound excellent and less headache prone for you Blue. Lol.
Voinage: you have to set pre-roll to zero and disable commercial breaks for subtitles to get assigned properly. I just tested a few episodes and it assigned the subtitles ok.

I am also working on context options for the video themselves. I am going to add a 'Play with subtitles' which will force subtitles or a 'Play without subtitles' whichever is the opposite of your default setting.

I am also adding a 'Select Stream' which will force the 'Ask' option so you can manually select the quality you want
Hi I'm new to using scripts. Can anyone tell me how and where to install kreeturez auto update script? I've downloaded it from the first page but don't really know what to do with it. Thanks in advance.

Using Eden Beta 2 on Atv2
use the install from zip option.

this if from the readme.
Quote:In order to launch the script automatically at startup you'll need to move the autoexec.py script into your userdata directory. If you already have an autoexec.py script just add the following line to it:
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.hululibraryupdate)')

use the addon settings to determine the length of time between updates. I would suggest the 10 hour mark. They usually add new videos in the morning.

I am going to take a look at the timers. I want different timers for subscription and queue. queue should have a shorter duration while subscriptions should have a much longer one.
In the newer version as an idea for subtitiles, what about the choice of how the subtitles are handled. For example, on the Hulu site itself you can select between white, yellow or highlighted depending on which is best for viewer. Not sure if it is possible, just thought Id throw it out there as a suggestion Big Grin

I know the download question has been asked previously in the other thread, and the anser is no, but any update on whether a download option is possible? Just For the XBMC running on my laptop, would be great to have a offline function for when travelling. Many Thanks.

I seem to use your addons the most bluecop, where can I make a donation, for the hard work you have done??
Mighty_Diamond: you can already control all that in XBMC Video settings for subtitles.

I don't plan to support downloading.

Donate to XBMC or adopt a kitty.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17