• 34(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
(2012-04-30, 23:46)themaster1 Wrote: Nothing's working for me, i'm in europe / eden.

I get errors messages of all kind i tried with the free cable proxy which worked great in the past and other various live proxies i could find, nothing but the blackness ain't that cool ?

LOG:
http://pastebin.com/UtCAen4W

From what little you posted from the log file, this sticks out:

Quote:23:54:28 T:4324 NOTICE: Using proxy: http://206.72.201.73:1080
23:54:28 T:4324 ERROR: Error Type: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'>

It's currently trying to use a proxy of some sort and failing. I'd bet your problem lies there.
(2012-04-30, 10:48)bladeds Wrote: In the addon setting s there is a option to enable caption, I guess this is us word for subtitles?. Do that then play the video as normal and it will hv subs, or try just using xbmc subtitles

That is enabled along with the other things I did in my previous post (disable network preroll, set preroll to 0). Still not getting subtitles.

Edit: Like most noobs I'm dumb. Turned off commercial breaks (which the first post said to do) and got the subtitles working. I had thought that they were turned off but I was mistaken.
(2012-04-30, 23:46)themaster1 Wrote: Nothing's working for me, i'm in europe / eden.

I am in Germany.
Hulu works fine with Hotspot Shield or US Proxy IP.

(2012-05-01, 09:37)Eye in the sky Wrote:

I am in Germany.
Hulu works fine with Hotspot Shield or US Proxy IP.

And for ATV2 ?
Sadly Hulu's days as a free service will be coming to an end soon.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2012/05/0...ntication/
plz forgive my newbie status . im in the usa i only can watch the 5seconde like preview and tha's it . m i suposed to pay for subscription or what thanx . lot .
(2012-05-01, 19:34)Niceguy Wrote: Sadly Hulu's days as a free service will be coming to an end soon.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2012/05/0...ntication/

My hope is that they will at least let you subscribe to Hulu Plus without a cable/satellite subscription. Otherwise I guess I can go back to the old way of getting that content that nets the media industry no money...

I'm still unable to play any actual content with the Hulu plugin. I either get commercials only or nothing at all.

My log file:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2264

That log contains three different versions of the error.

I first tried to play a few different episodes with pre-roll and commercial breaks set to "OFF". Nothing plays at all, it doesn't even try to start the stream, and then it gives me a pop-up error message saying one or more videos failed to play.

Then I went into the Hulu Plugin settings, and turned the pre-roll and commercial breaks back to the default. I went back into the Hulu plugin and tried to play a video. It plays the message "This program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption by Axe" and then stops playing, goes back to the episode list, and now a new episode is listed titled "AXE something".

Then I tried to play a different episode, and it plays all of the pre-roll commercials and all of the commercial breaks, but never plays the actual content. I ended up watching the same two ads several times.

Hopefully this log will help figure it out! Right now, the Hulu plugin is broken, and that makes XBMC much less useful to me. I have been having to use Plex which does play the Hulu content, but I really don't like the interface of Plex and would prefer to use XBMC.
xxiworld: something is blocking the connection. check your firewall settings. disable it to check if it is the problem.

Code:
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10013 (Unknown error)

i did a quick search and that error code means.

Quote:WSAEACCES 10013
Permission denied.

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. An example is using a broadcast address for sendto without broadcast permission being set using setsockopt(SO_BROADCAST). Another possible reason for the WSAEACCES error is that when the bind function is called (on Windows NT 4.0 with SP4 and later), another application, service, or kernel mode driver is bound to the same address with exclusive access. Such exclusive access is a new feature of Windows NT 4.0 with SP4 and later, and is implemented by using the SO_EXCLUSIVEADDRUSE option.

so it seems it is indeed your firewall. fix it and hulu will work fine.

Make sure XBMC is authorized to access remote port 1935 for RTMP connections.
(2012-05-05, 22:49)BlueCop Wrote: xxiworld: something is blocking the connection. check your firewall settings. disable it to check if it is the problem.

Code:
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10013 (Unknown error)

i did a quick search and that error code means.

Quote:WSAEACCES 10013
Permission denied.

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. An example is using a broadcast address for sendto without broadcast permission being set using setsockopt(SO_BROADCAST). Another possible reason for the WSAEACCES error is that when the bind function is called (on Windows NT 4.0 with SP4 and later), another application, service, or kernel mode driver is bound to the same address with exclusive access. Such exclusive access is a new feature of Windows NT 4.0 with SP4 and later, and is implemented by using the SO_EXCLUSIVEADDRUSE option.

so it seems it is indeed your firewall. fix it and hulu will work fine.

Make sure XBMC is authorized to access remote port 1935 for RTMP connections.

Thanks so much!

It wasn't actually my firewall, it was PeerBlock. Apparently, the hulu plugin connects to limelight networks, which PeerBlock considers suspicious. I added an exception and it works now!

I wonder if this is the same issue which many of us were having. I saw several reports of the same issue - playing only commercials.

Oh, and this actually fixed another problem that had just cropped up - the CBS feeds in the Free Cable plugin worked nicely until very recently, and then stopped working. Now, they work again. I guess CBS switched to using Limelight Networks as part of their setup recently, and Hulu has been using it all along.

Thank you so much! Ditching Plex and going all XBMC today Smile
I tried awhile back to get the hulu plugin to work, but I was not successful. Then my buddy got hulu working on his atv2 so I decided to try and get it running again. I updated XBMC to the latest version of eden and installed the plugin but I am still getting a script failure when I try to access hulu. I have included a pastebin link of my log file. Can anyone here help me trouble shoot this issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

http://pastebin.com/Lz8WHXvX Error Log
mhmed: I believe the problem here is your DNS

Code:
<urlopen error [Errno 4] non-recoverable failure in name resolution.>
thanks for the insight. I will look into the DNS and see if I can get this resolved.
Guys - trying to install the bluecop repository - I have it installed, but it's empty. I've read that deleting the addons.db file will fix this issue, but I can't find it! I'm running 11.0 on an ancient ATV 1

Thanks!
woke up this morning to add new subscriptions to my library, and low-and-behold, my subscriptions list is EMPTY.

anybody else seeing this?

just to note: Queue is still there... so yes, i'm getting connected.

May 9 -- everythings all good today. maybe just a little blip in on the WWW.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17