Ember media manager Settings
Pretty new to the whole xbmc scene and im about to embark on organizing my media collection using Ember media manager. But before i start going through the process i was wondering what were the typical settings people were using for their collections.

For movies i have found to use :

- folder.jpg
- movie.tbn
- poster.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- <movie>-fanart.jpg
- <movie>.nfo.

For TV series

- folder.jgp
- fanart.jpg
- season-all.tbn
- <ep>.tbn
- seasonXX.tbn folder.jpg, and fanart.jpg

Are there any other settings that can be useful for certain themes and so on ?
What a great thread. Now, if only you could get some replies. I am looking for the same exact information. I found an older article addressing this, but the information he provided was discrepant with the image he provided, so I'm not sure which one to follow.

In this article he states:

"If you’re setting things up for XBMC you’ll want to check folder.jpg, movie.tbn, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, <movie>-fanart.jpg, and <movie>.nfo.,"

but then shows a picture of the following being checked off:
<movie>.tbn, folder.jpg, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, <movie>-fanart.jpg, and <movie>.nfo
Do you know there's a Wiki for just about everything?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:Do you know there's a Wiki for just about everything?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

sorry but that offers no help at all..

An the most annoying thing about this stuff is that you get your TV shows for example with Wide Icons and then in the SAME skin you change the view so they more like Posts views and you find its now stretched your the wide icons instead... so you decide to use posters view.. so redo all the images.. then later you think nah it was much cooler having the TV Shows wide icons and now you get the reverse, the big images now squached to fit the wide icon size... totally perplexed... sure im going something wrong and this IS NOT by design! (if it is then its stupid!)
Star 
The Wiki pretty well spells it all out.. There is an assumption with graphics that you would prefer a wide banner look or poster cover art. You configure for one or the other not both (there may have an attempt to utilize both in some skins) with 'folder.jpg', downloading image files as banner.jpg or poster.jpg gives the option for renaming quickly, or I suppose you could set up an advancedsettings script to see either one, but it's not default.
C1S12OB Wrote:...im about to embark on organizing my media collection using Ember media manager. But before i start going through the process i was wondering what were the typical settings people were using for their collections...

...Are there any other settings that can be useful for certain themes and so on ?

PatK Wrote:The Wiki pretty well spells it all out..

Where exactly does the XBMC wiki spell out best practices for Ember Media Manager settings? Do you mind providing a link?

I think there is a common practice here among those who do not actually read (or need to read) the wiki to immediately point people to the wiki when they ask a question. The wiki is helpful for basic understanding of the software, but definitely not everything.
Star 
The Wiki points out what images are used, needed by XBMC, so 3rd party software like EMM (which can be used for other media center programs) should provide that material for XBMC and I pointed out the case for making a selection of either posters or banners. Pick your poison.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...t_Episodes

Have a gander here..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=Ember
C1S12OB Wrote:Pretty new to the whole xbmc scene and im about to embark on organizing my media collection using Ember media manager. But before i start going through the process i was wondering what were the typical settings people were using for their collections.

For movies i have found to use :

- folder.jpg
- movie.tbn
- poster.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- <movie>-fanart.jpg
- <movie>.nfo.

For TV series

- folder.jgp
- fanart.jpg
- season-all.tbn
- <ep>.tbn
- seasonXX.tbn folder.jpg, and fanart.jpg

Are there any other settings that can be useful for certain themes and so on ?

manually download the TV Show poster you want and save it as poster.jpg, then you can change the tv show thumb by:

context menu>tv show information>extras (in eden)

them browse to the directory, and voila.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember media manager Settings0