Find proper resolution
(pike @ may 11 2005,15:40 Wrote:you want python to be aware that xbmc is in widescreen mode (like skins are) ?
exactly! at least that is what i want. i have been asking for this before. i want to be able to write code like this:

Quote:if mode='16:9': something...

you suggest parsing settings.xml to get the info. that is exactly the idea i've been looking for (although i was hoping i could call xbmc.getaspectratio() or something). thanks!

btw (i know it has been said before in this thread): width and height is exactly the same in 16:9 and 4:3 (it is the pixel aspect ratio that is different). try calling .getwidth() and .getheight() and you'll see for yourself.
which setting.xml would you look at, theres one in pal and pal16x9, does it get copied somewhere?

i you manage to code a working 'getratio()' would you mind posting it here for us to share ?

cheers
i was refering to /e/tdata/0face008/settings.xml. i'm not sure if or what the entry is though.

edit: the following is the section you need, but if resolution is set to auto, it may not work like you want.

resolution set to auto:
- <lookandfeel>
<charset>iso-8859-1</charset>
<clock12hour>true</clock12hour>
<enablerssfeeds>true</enablerssfeeds>
<font>default</font>
<guicentering />
<language>english</language>
<resolution>10</resolution>
<skin>project mayhem iii</skin>
<soundskin>skindefault</soundskin>
<swapmonthandday>false</swapmonthandday>