Before I Buy, please critique build! Asrock E350M1
Hey guys, I've been doing a ton of research on the site and have been playing around with xbmc on my home computer and it's time to build a HTPC.

I figure i'm a group #6, the machine HAS to stream 1080p flawlessly. All my videos are stored on a NAS, all I need is streaming so I was going to run the xbmc live build (possibly openelec).

I was going to run the Asrock E350M1, with 4GB RAM??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813157228
I like this one because it case bitstream HD audio.

Still questioning what to do for a Hard Drive. I would really like just to use a 4G USB thumb drive,just want to make sure xbmc will run smooth and no lag.

Also anyone have any suggestions for a good case that might resemble a DVD player,I dont need something huge, I don't plan on adding hard drives or expansion cards.

Thanks for any help/input!! Much appreciated!!
If you want lag-free menu, I wouldn't go for a USB thumbdrive. It's not bad imo, but it can lag. I used openelec, which is quicker to bot than XBMC live.

The E-350 will play 1080p files flawlessly. You'll need to use openelec thoug and not XBMC live as the AMD E-350 is only supported correctly under openelec.
Ok Thanks, then I might still go with a USB, only because running openelec anything bigger than 4GB would be way to overkill, possibly I can upgrade the board to the USB 3.0, might help a lil.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Before I Buy, please critique build! Asrock E350M10