TrueHD and DTS-MA as multi channel LPCM in Dharma / Eden
Hi,

does Dharma or Eden support passing TrueHD or DTS-MA audio as multi channel LPCM through HDMI?

Cheers,
Rafał
FFMpeg can't decode DTS-MA, we can only play the DTS core. With that said, yes if your hardware supports multi-pcm, XBMC can be setup to send it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes, my hardware plays multi-pcm LPCM fine. I have already tried Dolby Digital and standard DTS. They are decoded to multi LPCM just fine. Also multi channel FLAC works great even with 24bit/192khz.

How about Dolby TrueHD, should it work? Also in 24bit/192khz?

Are there any known drawbacks to passing DD/DTS/TrueHD as multi LPCM (except higher CPU usage) compared to pass-through? Theoretically quality should be the same. Am I right?
TrueHD is lossless audio, and on BD's with TrueHD audio, I've seen my preamp receive a Multi PCM signal with similar samplerate shown, so I guess ffmpeg can decode the MLP codec used on TrueHD.

Unless there's a type of encoding I haven't encountered yet
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How do you enable the conversion to Multi PCM?
KeithLM Wrote:How do you enable the conversion to Multi PCM?

When you have Speaker Configuration set to multi -channel (like for example 5.1), DD/DTS pass-through disabled and properly configured audio output to HDMI then XBMC automatically decodes Dolby Digital or DTS in software and passes decoded LPCM streams to HDMI.

Cheers,
Rafał

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD and DTS-MA as multi channel LPCM in Dharma / Eden0