Paintpack is ALIVE! (60 LED's)
Been waiting for this - the guys have just emailed to let me know it's available for international shipping and it works with XBMC!

Here is a video of one in use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgvs54WgMgM

This is not a DIY bit of kit, it comes ready made and ready to go and the cost seems quite good at £50 for the 30 LED model and £57 for the new 60 LED model.

I am waiting on them for a delivery cost. They have said that it would be better if I ordered a few and then sold them (makes delivery cheaper) so if there is anyone in the UK who would like to buy one Tongue

edit: sorry if the above seems a little 'keen' - it's just I've been waiting for this device for ages.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
What a great bit of kit
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
So is this like ambilight? How does it work with XBMC? Do you need to use the boblight addon?
And I wish I could read paintpack.ru too! Will it work on a TV at like 55"? I'd order one in a sec, need something to play with, but I need to to suport a biggerish type TV.
Anyone know if it does anything when not plugged into a pc? I want this for my TV but I only have XBMC on an AppleTV there. If it just gave a white light that would be good too as I am looking at adding a backlight to my tv.
Wouldn't that just be annoying?
Hmm .. this is pretty awesome. I'd be interested in something like that in the US.
If you have any questions feel free to ask them here and I will talk to the developer. Will also ask about getting an English sales page Tongue

Piers Wrote:If you have any questions feel free to ask them here and I will talk to the developer. Will also ask about getting an English sales page Tongue

Please look at my questions in post 2. Mainly how does this integrate with XBMC? Is it through boblight or does it have its own interface? Does it work in Windows and Linux? What is the lead time on shipping to the U.S.?
Flanhare Wrote:Wouldn't that just be annoying?

I agree, I turn off lights during movies...not add bright blinky rave lights.
grantd Wrote:I agree, I turn off lights during movies...not add bright blinky rave lights.

The lights go behind your TV - the same as the Philips system.

Postage Pricing:

Standard: $35
EMS: $55
UPS, DHL: $100

The above price doesnt go up much (a few $) if ordering 1 or 5 so if there are any people out there who would like to put the money together to get some sent to the UK let me know.

As far as I know the above prices cover Europe and North America.

PS: The developers have made an XBMC plugin for use with the system. It is available as a download.

would be amazing for music videos(concerts)!
Would be very distracting if you ask me. Rolleyes
Sort of cool for movies. I probably wouldn't buy it though.

Thant video makes me want to go drink at a club!

Definitely not for everyone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paintpack is ALIVE! (60 LED's)0