Videos Buffering Even With Advancedsettings
Hey Everyone,

Okay, I'm having a odd issue here and just wanted to see what the community thought. I'm using a plugin that streams video and whenever I try to play the video it buffers like crazy even though I have the proper advancedsetting file in the proper place. I have never had a problem before with any other plugin.

Now, after talking with people in that forum everyone else for the most part doesn't have a problem with the streaming video. Now here is the odd thing. When I'm at work and I play it through my Ipad 2 during the day it streams great. When I'm home and try to stream it through my windows 7 computer which is my XBMC hub, nothing but pain and suffering.

My Internet Connection is cable and pretty fast as I have never had a problem before and stream videos fine everywhere else. If I visit the website where the plugin gets it content from, no not the one your thinking either it also buffers, but at work its fine.

My PC is top of the line, 8gb of ram, quad core. I have cleared my internet cache, tried to rebooting the router, tried a direct connection. Nothing. Right now I'm at work and the video is streaming great through the plugin on the Ipad 2, but when I get home I bet it will buffer like crazy. Any thoughts? Remember, no one else is having problems with the streaming so just thought I would see any thoughts.

Could the modem be bad? Thanks and just at a frustration point here. Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful. Maybe I'm missing something.
Star 
I suppose you could point the fingers at the hardware but if it still happens with the Ipad2 at home... then the connection and isp becomes the villains. Although I have heard a case of very low speeds at home for years and after he bought a new DSL modem (on the suggestion of the ips) and plugged it in... got the same results, but a few days later... surprise, full bandwidth, plugged the old modem back in... and low speeds (something in the bottom end of the modem was screwed, and causing an issue at the other end).

A couple of things...

-your local isp is throttling instead of upgrading his equipment in the area. (check with http://www.dslreports.com/) and see if others in your area and isp are seeing the same results.

-check your actual speed... most use http://www.speedtest.net/ bet it's not what you thought it was. Some isp's have discovered how to do local caches... and can achieve very high speeds for a few minutes... long enough to fool some of these tests.

-keep in mind that a streaming source from .. say India, is not going to be as fast and clean as something from Indiana. You need to look at the packet bounces for that, which requires more sophisticated software tools (look at Broadband forums for that).

I have enjoyed streaming services in the past, BBC world news and some material from nefarious plugins flawlessly... especially when the streaming server is of commercial origin. But as of late.... I get buffering all the time. Usage in your area at night might be high and shared cable or the distance from the CO will be an issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Buffering Even With Advancedsettings0