n00b question...location of Favourites screen?
Hello,

I'm brand new to XBMC on ATV2....just got it yesterday.
I've watched a couple of videos and in playing with all of the buttons to see what they would do, have been able to save some to my "Favourites" folder.
However, I can't seem to find the "Favourites" folder anywhere.
I currently have the "Confluence" skin that came standard on the unit.

Where is the "Favourites" folder/screen?

Thanks,

J.
I know you can map it to a remote button or use a smartphone app. I also know it shows up if you hit escape while on the home menu. Not sure, but I think it also shows up in some contextual menus?
Ned Scott Wrote:I know you can map it to a remote button or use a smartphone app. I also know it shows up if you hit escape while on the home menu. Not sure, but I think it also shows up in some contextual menus?

Thanks for the info, however, as I said, I'm totally new to this and haven't learned everything about navigation yet.

Having said that, how do I?:
  1. Map it to a remote button?
  2. How to I get to the "escape" when on a screen?
I'm assuming the "escape" you are talking about is the back-arrow icon I see in the top-left corner of some screens? I haven't been able to find (through using the arrow donut on the Apple remote) a way to get to that back-arrow icon.

Also, which contextual menus are you speaking of?

Thanks for the help.

Justin
escape = menu

contextual menu would be a long press of the menu button while selecting something like a video.

You probably don't want to remap an apple remote key, since there are so few to start with. You can teach the ATV2 (in the original ATV settings menu) another remote and include a few more buttons, and then map a key to one of those. Off hand I'm not sure what buttons are mapped there, but if you search the forums you'll probably find a lot of details about doing this (search either the iOS forums or the Mac forums, as both of them include ATVs that can learn remotes and have buttons mapped with learned remotes).
I might go the "other remote" direction.
Have you done this and are there any remotes that you (or others on the forum) like for this purpose?

While I'm thinking about it, wrt the apple remote, are there any other keypress combinations aside from a single press and a hold (like on an iphone's earphone mic...click it once and it pauses/plays...click it twice rapidly and it goes to the next song...click it 3 times and it goes to the beginning of the song you're on)...any other functionality like that on the apple remote?

Thanks,

Justin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
n00b question...location of Favourites screen?0