TVHeadend questions
Hi!

I have two questions, please:
1. Is there any way to compress the recordings from TvHeadend? A 30 minute recording takes 4G!

2. I see these pictures of colorful guides on the EPG, how do I configure mine to be so colorful?

Thanks!
I can only help you with the 1. one:
Try selecting Matroska Multimedia Container as File format at your recorder settings. I get about 1 GB per hour.
I currently have it set to mkv. I tried the other two (mpeg and raw) and got similar results. I heard there was a transcoding version, but I have no idea how to convert over. 1G / hr would be fine even. But at this rate I can't have but maybe 10 shows on there.
1. Question: TVHeadend take the stream from sky/cable as it is and repacked that into mkv or ts. So the difference between those would be marginal depends on the muxer overhead. Compressing into smaller size is a very time consumption process and not done one the fly - btw you lost quality. Note that size of a bluray movie can go up to 40-50 GB. HD-Movies from Satellite/Cable goes up to 8-12 GB. It's better for you to buy a bigger HDD next time.

2. Question: The color depends of the genre that must be included within the EPG. If there is no information this would be greyed.

_BJ1
I use tvheadend for IPTV so there may be differences with recording file sizes.
OK just hoping I could get it smaller.
I believe there are some post record plugins out there that will do offline compression once the recordings are complete. However I cannot say that I've tried them at this stage.

Though if you do look into it I would be interested to know what you find as ultimately I think I will need to investigate myself.
Sorry think I was getting myself confused, I think I was remember this wiki entry I read by Andreas about future work:

https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/proj...ng_scripts

So I think there is definitely the potential for doing it whether any useful scripts actually exist I'm not sure.

Of course you could always just set up a cron job to compress the jobs? You'd need to keep the same path if you still want tvheadend to serve the recordings to XBMC. Or you could just have a directly accessible share for the compressed recordings (easier to tell which have/haven't been compressed).
I tried to compress them manually but apparently I am not smart enough. If I could there is good post processing in TvHeadend, and I could write a bash script to do the work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend questions0