Compiling dependencies for git
When I try to compile the dependencies for git I get this error message when it gets to PCRE:

https://gist.github.com/1695015

Anyone any ideas how to get this to work?
xcode 3.x, not xcode4.
Ah, annoying. I'll just have to wait till the bug fix makes its way through to an actual release.

Someone put milestone 11.0 on my bug ticket, so I'm assuming when 11.0 is out of beta it'll include the bugfix?
jonnybarnes Wrote:Ah, annoying. I'll just have to wait till the bug fix makes its way through to an actual release.

Someone put milestone 11.0 on my bug ticket, so I'm assuming when 11.0 is out of beta it'll include the bugfix?

No, it's not a bug fix but a build system change. Eden is frozen with regard to build system changes. After Eden, we will be altering the build system to support Xcode 4.x on 10.7.
Ah crap, sorry for the badly phrased post. I can't use xbmc at the moment because of a bug, which I opened a bug ticket for and has been fixed. But as this thread shows, I can't compile the git source (with the bugfix) on my system.

I was asking that seeing as my bug ticket has been labelled milestone 11, will the final release of v11 be useable on my system?
jonnybarnes Wrote:Ah crap, sorry for the badly phrased post. I can't use xbmc at the moment because of a bug, which I opened a bug ticket for and has been fixed. But as this thread shows, I can't compile the git source (with the bugfix) on my system.

I was asking that seeing as my bug ticket has been labelled milestone 11, will the final release of v11 be useable on my system?

Not a clue since you did not include any info about which ticket Smile
jonnybarnes Wrote:Ah crap, sorry for the badly phrased post. I can't use xbmc at the moment because of a bug, which I opened a bug ticket for and has been fixed. But as this thread shows, I can't compile the git source (with the bugfix) on my system.

And you can't download XCode 3 because...
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
@davilla I opened this ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12541

@darkscout You can have Xcode 3 and Xcode 4 installed at the same time?
jonnybarnes Wrote:@davilla I opened this ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12541

That ticket was auto-closed with a commit into mainline code. Mainline code is frozen except for eden fixes. So that will go into the next Eden pre-release.

jonnybarnes Wrote:@darkscout You can have Xcode 3 and Xcode 4 installed at the same time?

You can but it's not compatible with our build system. The only way would be to install xcode4 and xcode3 into their own dirs and symlink back to /Developer to switch them.
I think I'll just wait for the next eden pre-release then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling dependencies for git0