HTPC server not accesible after browsing with PC till restart? Help!
Hello,
I have HTPC acting like media-tank. I have the ATV2 connected to it vie WiFi and PC connected via LAN. Everything works fine until I transfer files from the PC to the HTPC server. Then the ATV2 didn't recognize the HTPC on the network. I need to restart the HTPC so I can get the ATV2 to find it again. Someone have some bright thought what is the problem?

Thanks,
S@
crappy router?
Ned Scott Wrote:crappy router?

Apple Airport Extreme...
Don't think so...
is the ATV2 using 5GHz wireless? I've got an Airport Extreme too, and every so often I'll have this weird issue where anything on 5GHz wireless won't talk to the local network, but will work with internet traffic.
Ned Scott Wrote:is the ATV2 using 5GHz wireless? I've got an Airport Extreme too, and every so often I'll have this weird issue where anything on 5GHz wireless won't talk to the local network, but will work with internet traffic.

I have no idea? Did you find a fix for it?
It doesn't happen very often, but when it did I would just use the 2.4GHz connection. When you select a wifi network it should be marked as 5GHz if the option is turned on, but there should be another network with the same name without "5GHz". Just a shot in the dark, though. The issue could also be on the PC. Might be worth ruling out, though.
Ned Scott Wrote:It doesn't happen very often, but when it did I would just use the 2.4GHz connection. When you select a wifi network it should be marked as 5GHz if the option is turned on, but there should be another network with the same name without "5GHz". Just a shot in the dark, though. The issue could also be on the PC. Might be worth ruling out, though.

Where should I start? I dont see two wifi networks.

Thanks,
S@
skullmonkey Wrote:Where should I start? I dont see two wifi networks.

Thanks,
S@

You might not have the dual-band one? So you are either broadcasting in either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:You might not have the dual-band one? So you are either broadcasting in either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.

It's the dual-band.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC server not accesible after browsing with PC till restart? Help!0