ways to stop a program stealing focus
Hi guys, I use serviio as my upnp server as the XBMC one doesn't work with my samsung TV. (it also has a files access which is usefull).

I run it on my htpc (htpc is in my room, samsung tv in living room belongs to family). My media is connected to the htpc, so I run serviio on there.

Trouble with it is, every time it updates its library, it steals focus for some reason and causes xbmc to minimise. This does get quite annoying as you can imagine.

It has a console proggy running in system tray, and the server runs as a service. Tried just not running the console, but it still happens.

I use XBMC for hd content so I cant use the other full screen mode. Are there any apps that will keep something from minimising or something?

I asked on the serviio forums, but they are unwilling to help (I was told bla bla you should be running it on a server bla bla, which is about as usefull as a chocolate fire guard)

help me fellow xbmc users? or suggestions on how to get XBMC working with samsung TVs? (eden beta 2, tv gives out "non supported format" errors. TV supports files without transcoding which is switched off in serviio)
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ways to stop a program stealing focus0