Red Mute Icon - Top Right
F8 Worked !!! <--- so dum i am ...
in order to fix muted audiio go to the web based interface usually ip address of xbmc 192.168.x.x if you dont know ip go to "system info" make note of ip address of raspi and the type "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in a internet browser you will get interface to xbmc got to remote then click on audio mute/unmute looks like a speaker icon, then audio will be properly passed to whatever audio interface your wanating to use. If your TV supports CEC then you only need to hit mute/umute button on remote. Hope this helps.
and previous, if you have keyboard F8 does toggle mute/unmute
F8 did not work for me, i was going to remove xbmc altogether and tried one last thing, that was removing everything including the configuration files and profile. Once i made a fresh install i did not encounter the problem. Maybe this helps someone else going nuts over this problem.
I have this issue on an android tablet no remote or keyboard any ideas how to unmute? Can i do it from onboard keyboard somehow help appreciated...
(2015-08-04, 10:55)bluc Wrote: I have this issue on an android tablet no remote or keyboard any ideas how to unmute? Can i do it from onboard keyboard somehow help appreciated...

Me too. Nexus 10 no remote. Didn't get this issue before Isengard. Yesterday it went away after rebooting the device, today I can't shake it - no audio and red mute icon at top right. It's got to be a bug.

Edit: Just turned Kodi off, went in a while later and it was gone.
Various things can command Kodi to mute, even add-ons. Something that simply plays a song or a sound effect can send a volume level command, and sometimes a mute gets thrown in there too. Maybe the add-on forgot to unmute. The reason that the remote doesn't unmute it is because in v15 the volume commands on most Android remotes (or even media keyboards) goes to Android itself, even if Kodi's volume bar is displayed (this is just for visual feedback).

EDIT: oh wait, we're in the iOS sub-forum. Well, I suspect some of you are on Android who have replied here. This can also be true for Windows, Ubuntu, and OS X, too.
F8 did the trick.

Thanks!
Hold "Fn" and "+" on standard keyboard. "Fn" and "-" to revert.
(2015-09-13, 07:54)Jaznothegreat Wrote: Hold "Fn" and "+" on standard keyboard. "Fn" and "-" to revert.

I'm on Ubuntu and this is what worked for me. F8 was fail. URL was utter fail. Thanks.
Thread closed because this is the iOS help forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red Mute Icon - Top Right0