DXVA2 and MPEG2 Artifacts
When dxva2 is enabled and I play a mpeg2 file the video is greyed/blocky as seen in this screenshot for the first few seconds of playback and then it clears up:

If I seek the video in either direction it will happen again and then clear up after a few seconds. It only seems to happen on the mpeg2 videos that my mythbackend records via a HDHomeRun tuner (or recordings that WMCE records off the same tuner), h264 files play without hiccup. It doesn't seem to matter if the source is 720p/59fps or 1080i/29fps, via a network source or local, nor which rendor method is selected.

Debug Log : http://pastebin.com/fFRutyx7

Win7 64-bit SP1 7601
i3-2100T
8GB Ram
XBMC 11.0-BETA2 Git:20120120-f76c547
Intel Driver Version: 8.15.10.2509
DirectX* Version: 10.1
I also tried 10.1 Dharma today and verified the issue exists there also.

DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/DMnAfYgu
I see a little bit of this when playing content from one of our OTA stations (NBC), but none of the others. And the DXVA2 support in Eden is *much* better than the one in Dharma. In Dharma recordings from that same station showed green bars in the bottom third of the screen for the whole recording.
I suspect this is the Intel GPU being unco-operative. Although many of the DXVA problems with the Intel GPUs have been fixed in Eden, I think a few remain.

JR
Is there any way to set XBMC to only enable DXVA on certain file extensions or codecs? I.E only have it enable for .mkv or h264 media. That would be an easy work around until either I can get a non-Intel GPU installed or someone has time to fix it (if that is indeed the case).
I have DXVA2 enabled (win7_x64) and I have never encountered any problems with mpeg2 (DVD) videos.. Smile Zotac ID40 Hw (Nvidia ION2)
I installed a Nvidia GT 520 and this issue went away so it does look like a Intel IGP issue. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA2 and MPEG2 Artifacts0