New GPU - now videos don;t fit screen..
Had a 9800gt, and all was well. I eran my desktop at 1920x1080 and all played and displayed properly.

Then i installed a HD6670 and now all my 720p and 1080p videos don;t fit, and all have a black boarder around them. However, this boarder goes away when my desktop is set to 1280x720.

In CCC settings, both resolutions look fine and fit my display nicely. XBM<C menus also fit properly at all resolutions. When a video is playing with the XBMC menu overflay, they fit properly.

But when videos are fullscreen, videos of any resolution, and also the XBMC OSD are undersized.

Video Calibration in XBMC does not affect it. Every scaling option I
ve tried in CCC does not affect it.

The only thing that seems to work is setting my desktop area to 720p, which i rather not have to do. My underscan is at 0% to make the desktop fit, adn will not go larger. I also have my TV set to Just Scan. Setting it to 16:9 lessens the black boarder by only about 40%.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Dharma 10.1
Windows 7 x64
HD6670 Running Catalyst 12.1, connected via DP-HDMI to Yamaha RX-V667 revicer, then HDMI to LG 55LE5300 television.

thanks.
It has to be a scaling option in CCC. Or on your TV
I've tried messing with all the scalign settings I can find, but it maeks no differece.

Stangely, I've found that some 720p's fit and some do not. Same resolutions, mixed results with file format and framerate, but same results for individual series/movies.

I guess I'm stuck with runngin my desktop res at 720... er.. is there a way to get my desktopto set itself to 720 upon launching XBMC? like a batch file or something?
if you were going to do that couldn't you just set XBMC fullscreen to be in 720p?
Hi
You wouldn't happen to have the "crop black bars" option checked?
if it is uncheck it and see if that helps....
Wozza
All worked fine before the GPU change. I didnt;change any XBMC options.

Of course if I DO keep XBMC at 720p then all my 1080p movies will be show in a lower res...

But it's so odd; Law & Order, Breaking Bad, and Justified eps fit properly, but Family Guy, Simpsons, and Generation Kill do not. All 1280x720, 90% are .mkv. So weird that some work and some do not, and I cannot see a pattern.

But they ALL display properly in MPC and VLC. It's just XBMC that does this. Also tried faux-fullscreen, disabling DVXA, etc.

Maybe I'll just try another Catalyst version... or just keep using the 9800gt.. it's pretty mcuh equal power to the 6670, but the AMD runs cooler, uses less power, etc.

EDIT: hm, running XBMC at 1280x720 still give the improper fit. i HAVE to run Windwos at 12x7 for everythign to work. Argggg

EDIT 2: even though my TV will do (and did with the 9800gt) 1080p 70hz, lowering the refresh from 60hz to 24hz makes everything fit properly. Why? I have no clue. But now all my >24fps content looks a little funny. At least I dont; avhe too much o it. Will still try an older Catalyst version, though.

If anyone can enlighten me as to why the refresh rate affects this behaviour, I'd love to know.
Sounds like you have set the overscan setting correctly on 24hz, but not on other resolutions available to xbmc - eg if you have files that use 50hz, 60hz etc, make sure you change the resolution setting in CCC to each and then adjust the overscan setting for each, making sure you save each one before setting up the next one.
steelman1991 Wrote:Sounds like you have set the overscan setting correctly on 24hz, but not on other resolutions available to xbmc - eg if you have files that use 50hz, 60hz etc, make sure you change the resolution setting in CCC to each and then adjust the overscan setting for each, making sure you save each one before setting up the next one.

This sounds like the issue, try that.
steelman1991 Wrote:Sounds like you have set the overscan setting correctly on 24hz, but not on other resolutions available to xbmc - eg if you have files that use 50hz, 60hz etc, make sure you change the resolution setting in CCC to each and then adjust the overscan setting for each, making sure you save each one before setting up the next one.

Ah yes, that's exactly what i had to do - disable the underscan for every single resolution/refresh combinationn. What a pain.

thanks, man.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New GPU - now videos don;t fit screen..0