Can we change the default icon?
As the title says, can we make the default xbmc icon look like an iOS icon... I have it sitting in the dock and it looks like crap, because it's round it's got a big square shadow around it.

Does this not bother anyone else?
I suspect that it is pretty low on the priorities at the moment. If it bothers you so much perhaps you can make a new icon that does not disturb your delicate sensibilities and the devs can drop it in for you. I also suspect the same icon is used in windows and Linux builds.
Why even respond?
Why ask a question and then be sarcastic when someone gives you a reasonable answer?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.app/XBMC.png

The various theme/icon jailbreak tweaks in Cydia should also work, so you don't have to manually change it each time you update XBMC.

Also BE NICE TO EACH OTHER OR I'M TURNING THIS CAR AROUND.
Well I didn't like the app icon either, so I tried replacing the XBMC.png file with something I made, yet after respringing and restarting the XBMC icon didn't change Sad Are you sure that that's the right path for the icon file? What could I be doing wrong?
I also always felt the xbmc icon just felt out of place on the iPad. It's such great software, but the icon detracts from the overall elegance of the interface.
Get to designing a new one then. If enough people think your work is worth it, it just may become the new XBMC icon.
Try one of the custom icon managers on Cydia. iOS might be doing something like cacheing the icon or something.
Well I found a fix! After replacing the file with one I made, I resprung my ipad by editing anything in Winterboard and clicking Respring, instead of just respringing through other methods. After that the XBMC icon was changed! For now I just used the icon of some random video player, but I may make one that says XBMC and post it here one of these days Smile

Thanks for the help!
Ok here's what I made, feel free to use any of these! pumkinut was probably joking when saying that my icon could become official, but I wouldn't mind at all Big Grin

iOS XBMC icons

Here's the one I use out of the six I made:

I wasn't joking at all.
Oh ok then!

btw if anyone wants a screenshot...

iPad screen capture

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we change the default icon?0