XBMC black screen slideshow for picture folders that contain videos
Just out of curiosity why does the picture viewer go black when it reaches a video in a pictures folder? When I have the slideshow on or am scrolling through pictures if I reach a movie on my SD card the image goes black and no amount of switching forward or backward brings back the pictures, i have to exit back to the thumbnails and select the next image after the movie to regain my picture viewing.... any ideas on this one besides "removing the movies from the folder" (it's an SD camera card)

Eden Beta 2
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
AMD A8-3870k to Phillips TV via HDMI @1920x1080
I have exactly the same problem, even with older versions. This is the only reason I'm not using xbmc, otherwise everything is great. i.e. I have tons of pictures mixed with videos I want to just relax and watch that on my tv with the fam, I haven't found an app that works correctly yet for that (MS, picassa...)

Note: I tried both the xp32 and win7 version, live version as well. Movies are .mov (but .avi produce the same). Movies play fine when launched directly (within xbmc)
glad i'm not the only one..
Ok I did what's described below (advanced settings.xml) and it works as long as you actually launch the slideshow (right click, slideshow). If you click on a picture then try to advance manually, I get the black screen. If I let the slideshow run, it works Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77403&page=2
I also have this problem with my ATV2 running B3. Usually images are just copied from a camera on my hard drive, and I want to browse them with XBMC. It is not necessary to play a video when browsing trough images and a video is reached, but right now the screen just goes black and it is required to end the slideshow and start a new one after the video.

It would be really great if this could be fixed in beta stage.

Cheers!
I have the same issue on Ubuntu. Browsing through pictures and then blank screen when I hit a movie (in my case.mov) file. Can still here key press sounds and I am able to exit out, skip past the movie file and carry on. Very annoying!
Hello has anyone solved the issue with launching a slideshow from a folder where the folder contains videos and pictures?

It always hangs with the following error log:

13:22:24 T:9588 DEBUG: Image D:\Media\Bilder\Debug\Hochzeit Luba 2013 015.JPG is finished rendering, switching to D:\Media\Bilder\Debug\Hochzeit Luba 2013 016.JPG
13:22:24 T:9588 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPlay from xbmc
13:22:24 T:9588 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnPlay
13:22:24 T:9588 DEBUG: msg: ExifParse: incorrect Exif header
13:22:24 T:9588 DEBUG: Loading the next image D:\Media\Bilder\Debug\Hochzeit2013 017.AVI
13:22:25 T:5116 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::GetMappingForDevice - device (2548:1002) mapped to Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter (type = cec)
13:22:25 T:10968 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: D:\Media\Bilder\Debug\Hochzeit2013 017.AVI
13:22:30 T:9668 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound:Big Grineinitialize: Cleaning up
Are you running a nightly? It should be fixed.
yes you are right. In the meantime I fixed it. I used Frodo 12.2 stable release and there it is not fixed....
I recompiled the 12.2 release and replaced the xbmc/pictures/GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp with the latest fixes...

now it works...!
(2013-06-23, 22:03)bilakos Wrote: yes you are right. In the meantime I fixed it. I used Frodo 12.2 stable release and there it is not fixed....
I recompiled the 12.2 release and replaced the xbmc/pictures/GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp with the latest fixes...

now it works...!

Hi, so what if you advance manually, not using slideshow, is it fixed in latest release? I have 12.2~git20130502.1706-frodo-0raring and I still see this issue.
Still the same solution: Run a nightly.
(Its called Gotham and not frodo...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC black screen slideshow for picture folders that contain videos0