XBMX with Mymovies WHS 2011
Hi folks,

Just looking for some opinions or experiences please...

I ran mymovies (http://www.mymovies.dk) on a standalone HTPC for quite some time before deciding to switch to XBMC. I now have a machine running win 7 pro that houses all my media stacked out of the way in the spare room which serves up my content to two HTPC boxes in the lounge and the bedroom. I need the win 7 licence key from the "server" box to use on a laptop and have picked up a cheap copy of windows home server 2011 to replace it with. My question is will I gain anything by using mymovies for whs on the new server while still running XBMC front ends on the HTPC boxes?

It looks like mymovies puts all the info relating to each movie/tv show into an individual nfo file which looks to include watched status, so I was initially wondering if this database would essentially sync what was watched or unwatched between all instances of XBMC ??

Also, there are some bold claims made over on the mymovies website about the speed of the scraping compared with tmdb & imdb scrapers in that their test results put mymovies scraping in 3 minutes what it took tmdb 30 minutes to achieve!! Sounds too good to be true!? I suspect that tmdb has a greater collection of fanart than mymovies but if those speeds are true then I'll happily go back to contributing to their database as I have done in the past.

So what do people think? Any thoughts about this kind of setup?
Okay I am about to download My Movies Server for WHS 2011. I am going to use it because the 2011 version will rip TV Show DVD's into individual mp4 files and get the metadata to match.

Why does it sound too good to be true about access time with scrappers? Servers are usually directly connected via Ethernet to the Router/Gateway of your network. Also what else is your server doing? Its not surfing the web, doing goodness knows what else in the background, so its possible it could be faster.

I will let you know how it goes, I've been wanting to rip my DVD's to the server for awhile now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMX with Mymovies WHS 20110