Video stutter when in menu
Hi,

Been using XBMC on my new HTPC since a week, and I am totally loving it !

One little showstopper is the following:
When playing a 1080p mkv and navigating back to the menu (video plays in the background) and opening the Movies section, the video stutters for a split second.

Is there something I can do about this ?

Specs:
* AMD A8
* Asrock A75M-ITX
* 1x4GB RAM
* 1 TB Harddisk

Gr,
Deva
if the video doesnt stutter when playing in Full Screen
i wouldnt bother with this Tongue
Well, that's true, but would still be nice to have fluent playback AND menu's to increase the OMG-factor :-)
if the video doesnt stutter when playing in Full Screen,
there's nothing to do regarding your issue i beleive.
Well, I just check with the famous Bird Scene from Planet Earth, and in normal full screen mode there are some minor skips.

Is this normal ?
Mmmm mine works in the background (menu) just fine and yes it's an MKV 11 gigs.
If I had to guess, it's probably more of a product of having the DB, fanart, OS and movie on the same drive. HD is probably thrashing to load all that's necessary.

I wouldn't refer to it as a showstopper though...
Showstopper was indeed not the right word choice ...

Could be that my HD (WD Green) is too slow ...
Will try to create a ramdisk and try again.
Apparently I'm getting minor frame drops (once per minute or so) when playing other 1080p mkv's. I've enabled hardware decoding and post processing...
devastator83 Wrote:Apparently I'm getting minor frame drops (once per minute or so) when playing other 1080p mkv's. I've enabled hardware decoding and post processing...

did you enable the options "Sync playback tio display" and "adjust refresh rate.... " ? If yes, try without.

If that doesn't do the trick, disable post-processing effect in Catalyst driver center.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stutter when in menu0