FileBrowser Bug or Feature?
It seems that container "451" has to be panel in order to be picked up for thumbs layout.

Is this a bug or it has to be like that for some reason. I would really like to use fixedlist as I do everywhere else in the skin and keep consistent look if at all possible.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yes, we currently use DEFAULT_VIEW_ICONS which means it'll be looking for a panel and will fallback to a list.

This was before we even had other types is my guess.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Yes, we currently use DEFAULT_VIEW_ICONS which means it'll be looking for a panel and will fallback to a list.

Thanks for info.

I was expecting it to look for container with id=451 rather than control type=panel. It fallbacks to 450 which is also fixedlist, but without thumbs.

Maybe above is the reason why condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,foo) does not seem to work with either of them (I'm using those to vertically align fixedlists)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-02-01, 04:56)jmarshall Wrote: Yes, we currently use DEFAULT_VIEW_ICONS which means it'll be looking for a panel and will fallback to a list.

This was before we even had other types is my guess.

Cheers,
Jonathan

This seems rather outdated to me and restricts what the skinner can do with the thumb view by forcing it to be a panel.

Would it be possible to change GUIDialogFileBrowser.cpp to simply select from both list's IDs (450 or 451) instead of DEFAULT_VIEW_ICONS and DEFAULT_VIEW_LIST as it currently does?

Thanks.
I was hoping I could overcome this problem so I could use a fixedlist instead of a panel by using the following conditional includes -

PHP Code:
<include condition="StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(13406)) | StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(13511)) | StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(19284)) | StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(20019) | StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(20437))">IconView</include>
<include 
condition="!StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(13406)) + !StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(13511)) + !StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(19284)) + !StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(20019) + !StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(411),$LOCALIZE(20437)">ListView</include> 

but even when the heading label contains one of the strings it still loaded the list view instead of the icon one.

Anyone have any ideas on how to determine when the panel is used?

Thanks.
Using Control.GetLabel probaly does not work for an include condition because the label is not filled yet when include checks are done.
Tried including both and using include condition as vis condition?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I guessed as much, I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

Same problem. Sad

What I was trying to do was use two different list 450 views but load one the icon when the conditions were true. Looks like I'll have to use a panel control and lose the fixedlist functions.
6125 (PR)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie, look forward to testing it out. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FileBrowser Bug or Feature?0