• 1(current)
WIP 1080LF (Linear)
Question 
Quote:NOTE: The previous version of Linear was a mockup, I've been working on this for the last month or so and made progress - hoping to have an alpha out in the next two weeks. The image behind the logo is from the skin homescreen. A gallery will be added when the alpha is released.

I said I would make this skin, even if it took a while - I guess two years is a while Smile

~40% Complete

Screenshots of coded skin (until gallery is up)

Screenshot of PREVIOUS mockup

Notes about the above mockup:

1) The text sizing is far too small.
2) The media flags are not possible on season overviews.
3) Artwork Downloader is not going to be a requirement.
4) Network logo is a waste of space
Bottom line: the coded version is based on the mockup, but tested on a 50", 46", 42" and 32" TV as well as a 24" monitor. With all it's easy to read the text from ~10ft or more away.

Installation
  1. Download Kodi 14.x
  2. N/A
  3. N/A
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
Known issues
  1. N/A
  2. N/A
Reporting an issue
N/A

Want to buy me a coffee?

Reserved
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Reserved

Try getting rid of the shadow on the text on the upper bar. Also try to add some arrow on the left of 'recently added' and right of 'Custom'.

Other than that, pretty awesome Big Grin
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Reserved

I agree that the shadows make the text at the very top much more difficult to read. But I don't necessarily see a reason for those arrows. Just go with what you like best yourself. Everyone likes things in a different way so if you go and try to incorporate any "advice" you get here you probably won't like the result yourself Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:I agree that the shadows make the text at the very top much more difficult to read. But I don't necessarily see a reason for those arrows. Just go with what you like best yourself. Everyone likes things in a different way so if you go and try to incorporate any "advice" you get here you probably won't like the result yourself Wink

Cheers for the advice, I have removed the arrows and removed the inner shadow from all mockup screens. Smile

It looks like you could use the old vertical layout home.xml from confluence for a good base. I would help but my coding is mediocre at best and my free time is never.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
Looking good.
Hi Piers,

I like this. Clean indeed!

A few tips...

Be wary of font sizes! In practise some of the fonts may be too small for some users (like movie synopsis). I've had the same problem in Welo!

Also, i'm not sure the arrows on the home screen works. People will know to go up or down on the menu!

Regarding other mockups, try and do some for the non-sexy screens!! Big Grin Like settings and context menus.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Wink

[Edit] Also, the design would work well with optional colour themes! Well done!
I see you're a UK Surrey lad! So am i originally (Woking), however now in Cornwall.

Man... Cornwall is so much nicer than Surrey!!
liquidskin76 Wrote:I see you're a UK Surrey lad! So am i originally (Woking), however now in Cornwall.

Man... Cornwall is so much nicer than Surrey!!

Cheers for the feedback! Removed the arrows on the recent screens. Also Checked the images on my TV (1920x1080) to see how the text looks Smile

I actually live in Woking (St. Johns) and my grandparents live in Cornwall (Lands End). Where abouts are you?

ps: Adding more screens as I go along - added a boring one (options menu).

Updated with nearly all screens - a couple of View screens will hopefully be up there later on.

Nice work and good to see the less eye candy views so quickly.
I like your concept. Specially the homescreen (the one without the arrows).
Can you make the thumbnail covers a little bigger as-well the text of the info screen/video options. I think it is hard to read on smaller LCD's from the couch.

Can you make the info screen/video options background a little grey'er like system main.
That makes it more confortable for the eye. Big Grin

Just some tips.

Keep it up!
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080LF (Linear)21