Tag (genre) editing.. Ember?
I have all my movies in xbmc and all scraped fine. I'm happy with it all - but rarely use the genre 'tag' - although they're there. I find some films have either too many genre tags - or just would change/remove some of them..
If I want to quickly edit lots of existing nfo files, is Ember the tool to do this - or is it a manual task once I already have the nfo files?
EDIT:just triedinstallingmber onto W7 (64) but get the error "Error: There is an error in XML document (1,2)." when trying to install. Sad
EDIT 2: downloaded again from http://sourceforge.net/projects/emm-r/fi...ownloadand it's installed fine.
I have the same issue, I really dislike the genres given by IMDB and the likes. They tend to put 3 to 5 genres for each movie, which defeat the purpose.
I personally set the genre myself and I also created my own genre to sort of emulate the Set Manager functionality. I find it very nice to browse my movies in XBMC by genre.

EMM is not the best tool for that. you have to edit the movie (CTRL+E), then in the "details" tab, you can select/unselect the genre. It's tedious, though.
Alternatively, from the main library view, you can select one of several movies, then right-click->Genre->pick a genre->press Add or Set.
It's also tedious.
I do a lot of keywording (sort of equivalent to genre for movies) with photography and I use photoshop lightroom (LR). LR has a very powerful keywording tool that I wish would exist in EMM or any other software.

But I think only a few people bother with genre.

I once suggested to present all genres in vignettes on the bottom of the library view (This already exists but only for the active genre of the selected movie) and then you would just have to click to the ones you want to add/remove. maybe one day something better will come up.
(2013-05-17, 23:23)hatbrox Wrote: I have the same issue, I really dislike the genres given by IMDB and the likes. They tend to put 3 to 5 genres for each movie, which defeat the purpose.
I personally set the genre myself and I also created my own genre to sort of emulate the Set Manager functionality. I find it very nice to browse my movies in XBMC by genre.

EMM is not the best tool for that. you have to edit the movie (CTRL+E), then in the "details" tab, you can select/unselect the genre. It's tedious, though.
Alternatively, from the main library view, you can select one of several movies, then right-click->Genre->pick a genre->press Add or Set.
It's also tedious.
I do a lot of keywording (sort of equivalent to genre for movies) with photography and I use photoshop lightroom (LR). LR has a very powerful keywording tool that I wish would exist in EMM or any other software.

But I think only a few people bother with genre.

I once suggested to present all genres in vignettes on the bottom of the library view (This already exists but only for the active genre of the selected movie) and then you would just have to click to the ones you want to add/remove. maybe one day something better will come up.

My idea for 1.4 is that we remove the old genre filter and add a genre translator with a "merge multiple genre to one genre" function. So you can merge "Horror" and "Splatter" to one genre "Horror".
More we can not do. The genres are so deposited at TMDB and IMDB, not in Ember.
(2013-05-17, 23:23)hatbrox Wrote: do a lot of keywording (sort of equivalent to genre for movies) with photography and I use photoshop lightroom (LR). LR has a very powerful keywording tool that I wish would exist in EMM or any other software.

can you explain better? I do not have LR

(2013-05-17, 23:23)hatbrox Wrote: But I think only a few people bother with genre.

I think more people would like a nice genre management. I usually apply the ones from TMDB and IMDB Smile
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tag (genre) editing.. Ember?0