My AVR is to smart
Hi
i have a AVR from Yamaha (471) which does the passthrough to my TV. As XBMC Client I use my regular Tower-PC which has an extra graphic card just for the TV-Output (Nvidia 210; Main GraCa is a 560Ti which is for my 2 Monitors).

The Receiver does its passthrough quite smart which sadly just fucks up my XBMC Setup:
Whenever both devices are turned off (or the Receiver without the TV is On) the PC will recognize the device that is connected as "RX-V471" which is the name of the AVR.
But when I switch the TV on (doesnt matter if the AVR is on or not) my screen will go black, i hear the unplug and plug sounds of windows and shortly after the device that is plugged in is not the AVR anymore and will instead be recognized as "Philips FTV" which is my TV itself.

That the AVR does a real passthrough and my TV is shown and the device the PC "talks" to is generally not a bad thing, but this behavior has one really anoying disadvantage:
Whenever this happens the XBMC Windows which Output is Set to Screen 3 gets resetted back to screen one and sometimes will screw up the right audio output.

One thing that i could do is turning the screen on before I start XBMC but that is not really a sweet solution for me because of my use of the Pulse-Eight CEC-Adapter. With this my start of XBMC also turns on TV and AVR and if i dont do it this way the Cec-Control doesnt work properly.

A solution for me would be to disable this reset function, that even if the screen settings change or whatever, XBMC will try to output the the 3rd Screen or dunno.

Honestly I doubt that a perfect solution is possible with my setup but I wanted to see if someone can prove me wrong.

Thanks in advance^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My AVR is to smart0