TV show scraping unsuccessful for certain series (seasons), Ok for rest!
This is my 1st post here! I have to say, what a fantastic and well polished piece of software.

I'm sure I'm just scraping the surface of what can be done, but I've got a good functional setup so far...except for:

I have various TV shows ripped to .mkv, in a folder named "TV shows", in my main video source folder.

Each show has it's own folder, with each series (season) having it's own subfolder. I've had a high success rate scraping the TV shows with the default tvdb scraper, except for my collection of Father Ted. I have ripped my box-set, and put in folders:

TV shows/Father Ted/Father Ted s01/Father Ted.s01e01.mkv - and so on, for all 3 series.

I have other shows setup in EXACTLY the same way, some way more obscure, and they all scrape without a problem. With the above structure, I only get info for series 3 - and only the 8 episodes in series 3 appear in library mode.

I have tried all episodes in one folder, deleting them, cleaning the library and re-adding, but every time the same thing happens. Even if I delete everything, then just re-add a single "Father Ted" folder containing series 1, the folder is found and scanned, but no episodes are detected.

I've gone over my naming convention again and again, and everything appears as it should, and matches the tvdb details.

Please help!
Quote:TV shows/Father Ted/Father Ted s01/Father Ted.s01e01.mkv

Instead of the above, try this...

TV shows/Father Ted/Season 1/Father Ted.s01e01.mkv
TV shows/Father Ted/Season 2/Father Ted.s02e01.mkv
TV shows/Father Ted/Season 3/Father Ted.s03e01.mkv

etc, etc..
karandras24 Wrote:Instead of the above, try this...

TV shows/Father Ted/Season 1/Father Ted.s01e01.mkv
TV shows/Father Ted/Season 2/Father Ted.s02e01.mkv
TV shows/Father Ted/Season 3/Father Ted.s03e01.mkv

etc, etc..

Thanks for your reply.

Tried that - still no luck. Still only scraping season 3.

Added a couple more rips of DVD box-sets this evening, all picked up straight away using the same folder/file structure. Must be a tvdb thing.

Is there any way I can put in a manual request, in the same way that the scraper does, to see what info is sent? Is it likely that my log file will reveal any clues as to exactly what is happening?
Ok, making a small amount of progress.

Enabled debugging, and have the following log:

http://pastebin.com/g784q2rE

Now, given my limited knowledge, I don't know exactly what is going on, however I can see that for every episode in seasons 1 and 2 I am getting:

Code:
VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file /media/spinpoint/video/TV shows/Father Ted/Season 2/Father Ted.se02e10.mkv

and an example of a season 3 episode:

Code:
VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match /media/spinpoint/video/tv shows/father ted/season 3/father ted s03e01.mkv (s3e1) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[][._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$]

Does this shed any further light on my problem?
Interesting that there is a difference in case between the two examples of season 2 and season 3. season 2 has uppercase, season 3 is all lower.

Edit, oh change the name of the file in season 2 from Father Ted.se02e10.mkv to Father Ted.s02e10.mkv, that looks to be your problem.
gabbott Wrote:Interesting that there is a difference in case between the two examples of season 2 and season 3. season 2 has uppercase, season 3 is all lower.

Edit, oh change the name of the file in season 2 from Father Ted.se02e10.mkv to Father Ted.s02e10.mkv, that looks to be your problem.

You sir, are a legend.

After all that, it turns out to be a typo! Oh well, at least I've learnt a few things on the way!

Many thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show scraping unsuccessful for certain series (seasons), Ok for rest!0