No menu sounds when using Sony AV
Hi

Just picked up a Sony STR-DH520 AV and although 5.1 audio is ok from movies I cannot get the menu sounds to play at all. Windows audio is also OK.

Any ideas?
Me too, although I find I do get sounds if for instance you scroll through your movies and hold down the cursor, then I get blips and beeps (or what ever is the default sound) . . . but like you general 'single shot' navigation doesn't produce any gui sounds.

I'll post a link to this thread in trouble shooting audio issues in frodo, and maybe someone can shed some light?
My AV Equipment

Virgin Media TiVo : Sony AV Receiver : Samsung LCD TV : PS3 : PC / HTPC (running xbmc) / Skin Neon / Aeon Nox
I have this problem if I use optical out. With hdmi out the menu sound is normal.
(2012-02-02, 00:18)candyman2000 Wrote: Hi

Just picked up a Sony STR-DH520 AV and although 5.1 audio is ok from movies I cannot get the menu sounds to play at all. Windows audio is also OK.

Any ideas?

I have the same receiver, wondering if anyone's found a fix yet? For me, I get GUI sounds if using the keyboard to navigate, just not the mouse (Razer Lachesis). Once in a blue moon I'll get a GUI sound using the mouse, like a critical stop sound maybe. Keyboard navigation works flawlessly though (MS Ergo 4000). All sounds whether single tap or scrolling work fine with keyboard.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ult., Radeon 4870 using AMD HD Output in xbmc. Directsound for audio out and WASAPI for passthrough. But since I get keyboard sounds I don't think it's audio driver related. Mouse drivers are up to date and working fine as far as I can tell, as is firmware. I tried lowering the polling rate from 1000hz to 500hz and it didn't help. Uninstalled Razer drivers and just used Windows driver, still no joy.

Enabled debug and tried using the mouse, then keyboard. Debug to follow

http://pastebin.com/TptrrPv6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No menu sounds when using Sony AV0