Pauses after a few seconds
System:
Athlon 64 X2 3800
2gb ram
I've tried both a GeForce 6800 and a 9600GSO
Windows server 2008
XBMC versions : 10.1, DSPLAYER, 11.2
This is a fresh install of windows with the newest updates and drivers for all my devices.

Problem - Any video (HD or SD) freezes after 7 to 9 seconds of playing. I can skip ahead and it again plays for 7 to 9 seconds before freezing again. I've tried this on XBMC versions 10.1, 11.2, and a custom one that had DSPlayer installed (I don't remember the name, sorry).

I've tried turning on DXVA hardware acceleration, and I have sync playback to display off.

VLC plays the videos fine and I believe I'm just going to setup that as an external player if I can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
By hitting "o" on the keyboard while the video is playing I can watch my "vq" drop from 100% to 0%. When it hits 0 it freezes.

CPU usage is <60%
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Start a video and wait for it to freeze. Skip ahead then wait for it to freeze again. Now stop the video and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Thank you very much. Here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/x6qzCdmx
You have a problem with the audio output. Do you get the navigation sounds as you move around in XBMC?

Windows 7 and 2008 helpfully disable the audio device if it detects no speakers are connected, and this causes XBMC to hiccup. Try temporarily connecting a pair of headphones.

JR
You hit the nail on the head. I enabled the audio service, plugged in some speakers and the movies play perfectly.

Thanks for your help!
jhsrennie, the one man answering machine Wink
nice Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pauses after a few seconds0