Total noob - lost ability to get to settings
This is my first time trying to setup xbmc and get it to work on my Logitech Revue. (I know it's neither a ported nor supported install.... yet?!!!)

I'm willing to risk public embarrassment and admit I messed something up. In one of the setup menus, I turned on Hide Settings button. My thought was that if the Settings button was displayed on the TV, any family member might be able to make changes that could cripple xbmc.

So here on my mac, when I launch xbmc, it comes up full screen and scrolling through the buttons, Pictures, Movies, etc, the Settings button is now missing. Looks like I'm the one who messed things up! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get back into settings and fix this. I looked up keyboard shortcuts, but couldn't see anything that directly launches settings. Anyone know of a way to launch settings without having the button available?

I thought about asking for a feature to be added to the right-click context menu on the xbmc icon in the dock. Having Settings there would make life easier for us dummies! Nerd

Thanks.
Barry
which skin are you using?

some skins also have a settings button on the shutdown menu (press 's')
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I must have pressed the s key a hundred times, but always with a modifier.

It's all fixed now.

Still wouldn't hurt to have Settings in the right click context menu on the dock icon. Just a thought.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Total noob - lost ability to get to settings0