Installing Eden over Dharma?
Hi All:
Thanks to help here on the forum, I now have Dharma running really well. I have modified a few of the fonts and made some changes to MCERemote in Dharma. However, since the weather apparently works (?) in Eden, I might like to install Eden.
When installing Eden, I presume it "replaces" Dharma. Correct? Is everything in Dharma over written by Eden (ie, I presume the fonts of Dharma are replaced by Eden.) How about the MCERemote changes? Are the fonts in Eden in the same file location as Dharma? If not, where can I locate them?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is the first time I will have installed one version of XBMC over another.

Thanks again,
Harold
Silverstone GD09B Case, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD, Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler, 2x Sabrent USB External HD Docking Station, 6TB Internal HDD, 4x 2TB External HDD, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.2/Wireless AC/B/G/N, 16 GB Crucial 3200 MHz DDR4, Corsair SF 450 Watt PSU, EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4 GPU, 4x Noctua Cooling Fans
It depends. I believe MCERemote is an add-on. That won't get overwritten by default, but if there is a newer version of the add-on, the add-on manager will update it after the upgrade (or tell you there is an update available if that's how you have your preferences set).

For the fonts and stuff, if you modified the default confluence skin then yes, those will get overwritten. If you made a copy of the skin and are using that one, it won't get overwritten. However the skins are *very* different between Dharma and Eden, so your old skin probably won't work well (or at all). You'll probably want to start with the default Confluence skin and edit stuff again.

Hope that helps.
pkscuot Wrote:It depends. I believe MCERemote is an add-on. That won't get overwritten by default, but if there is a newer version of the add-on, the add-on manager will update it after the upgrade (or tell you there is an update available if that's how you have your preferences set).

For the fonts and stuff, if you modified the default confluence skin then yes, those will get overwritten. If you made a copy of the skin and are using that one, it won't get overwritten. However the skins are *very* different between Dharma and Eden, so your old skin probably won't work well (or at all). You'll probably want to start with the default Confluence skin and edit stuff again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick response. Based on your comments, it appears there is no particular problem making the changes to Eden that I made to Dharma. However, I do have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a effective way to completely backup my Dharam installation (without having to do a full backup of win7? ie, backing up specific files?)

2. To install Eden, do I have to/need to uninstall Dharma? What is the process for uninstall (if necessary) and then install new build?

Thanks,
Harold
Silverstone GD09B Case, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD, Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler, 2x Sabrent USB External HD Docking Station, 6TB Internal HDD, 4x 2TB External HDD, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.2/Wireless AC/B/G/N, 16 GB Crucial 3200 MHz DDR4, Corsair SF 450 Watt PSU, EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4 GPU, 4x Noctua Cooling Fans
Open My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) if you use 64 bit Windows. Find the folder "XBMC" and rename it to "XBMC-old". Now install Eden and it will create a new "XBMC" folder. Doing it this way means that if you've modified anything in the old installation you'll still have it to hand. If you don't like Eden just uninstall it and rename "XBMC-old" back to "XBMC".

All your data, config, etc is stored in your Windows user folder and is not affected when you (un)install Eden. If you want to make a backup of your user data press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%APPDATA%"

(including the quotes) and click OK and an Explorer window will open. In this window is a folder called XBMC, and it contains all your user data.

Did you eventually get the remote working with MCERemote?

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Eden over Dharma?0