• 60(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
DDDamian Wrote:Yeah, it should have the name of your GPU driver, nothing to do with the receiver name in that XBMC audo device box. Should say something like "WASAPI: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)".
but mine show up as WASAPI:HT-RC270-3 (Nvidia HD), and it works fine! Huh
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:but mine show up as WASAPI:HT-RC270-3 (Nvidia HD), and it works fine! Huh

And his doesn't Laugh Did you notice he's using an ATI card??
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Damian is right. When I had my Intel graphics the WASAPI showed the name of my TV even though that was the last device in the HDMI chain. With the AMD card I see the "WASAPI AMD" device name.
voip-ninja Wrote:Damian is right. When I had my Intel graphics the WASAPI showed the name of my TV even though that was the last device in the HDMI chain. With the AMD card I see the "WASAPI AMD" device name.

Yeah, that string comes from the driver via Windows. It will vary based on the driver. Sounds like WASAPI Exclusive is not enabled and that is what this build expects. If it's DirectSound or WASAPI shared it will be mixed-down by the Windows API layer and not passed through.

@DJ Freddy D, if it doesn't work still after trying what I've suggested, throw up a debug log and I'll have all the gory details Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:And his doesn't Laugh Did you notice he's using an ATI card??
Yes, I noticed that in his post #879. If he selected WASAPI: TX-NR807 (...........), there should be AMD High Definition (..........) after TX-NR807 because he cannot selected WASAPI:TX-NR807 without (AMD High Definition.....). At least it is not in my HTPC's.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:but mine show up as WASAPI:HT-RC270-3 (Nvidia HD), and it works fine! Huh

^^^
WOW! This is awesome Work. This is my first attempt using xbmc and with only some lite reading and a few clicks I'm rockin some beautiful bluray (iso) bitstreaming goodness. Simply stunning, thank you to everyone involved with this project.
reWired Wrote:WOW! This is awesome Work. This is my first attempt using xbmc and with only some lite reading and a few clicks I'm rockin some beautiful bluray (iso) bitstreaming goodness. Simply stunning, thank you to everyone involved with this project.

Nice to hear success Smile Welcome to the forums and to XBMC reWired.
reWired Wrote:WOW! This is awesome Work. This is my first attempt using xbmc and with only some lite reading and a few clicks I'm rockin some beautiful bluray (iso) bitstreaming goodness. Simply stunning, thank you to everyone involved with this project.

I know! I just recently jumped on the HTPC bandwagon (Zotac AD10 Nano) and I'm loving XBMC (let alone the HD Audio I'm not enjoying with it). I don't know what took me so long to start using this stuff.

Guess I jumped in at a good time too Smile
System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
Wink 
DDDamian Wrote:Yeah, no way was I gonna ruin that first post Laugh

I posted the link on my post #2 in this thread and it's on my github downloads page here.

Hi,

Thanks. Tested XBMC 11.0-PRE Git:20120228-4bddfbd with my new HD6540 and my Yamaha YHT-S401. Latest Catalyst 12.1 drivers. No Realtek HDMI Audio but the AMD HDMI Audio. XBMC configured as the screenshots in the first post and voilà ... is working!

I've downloaded some samples from http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php and I get the right output in my decoder:

Dolby TrueHD -----> ][ TRUE HD
Dolby Digital Plus -----> ][ DIGITAL PLUS
DTS-HD Master Audio -----> dts HD MSTR
DTS-HD High Resolution -----> dts HD HI RES

So, thank you very much for your help!
serieofilo Wrote:Hi,

Thanks. Tested XBMC 11.0-PRE Git:20120228-4bddfbd with my new HD6540 and my Yamaha YHT-S401. Latest Catalyst 12.1 drivers. No Realtek HDMI Audio but the AMD HDMI Audio. XBMC configured as the screenshots in the first post and voilà ... is working!

I've downloaded some samples from http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php and I get the right output in my decoder:

Dolby TrueHD -----> ][ TRUE HD
Dolby Digital Plus -----> ][ DIGITAL PLUS
DTS-HD Master Audio -----> dts HD MSTR
DTS-HD High Resolution -----> dts HD HI RES

So, thank you very much for your help!

Nice link Big Grin got some great THX logos that I am gonna intergrate into my XBMC Smile
mrhyde1969 Wrote:Nice link Big Grin got some great THX logos that I am gonna intergrate into my XBMC Smile

Add 'em to startup with this Cool
Anyone having any trouble playing mp3 audio on avi-files using this patch, the error seems to be consistent throughout my avi files with mp3 audio?

Debug:
http://pastebin.com/YRuz1Xgd

System:
Code:
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0-PRE Git:20120302-7885010), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Mar  2 2012 (compiler 1600)
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100T CPU @ 2.50GHz
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Running with administrator rights
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Aero is enabled
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Jeppe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Jeppe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Jeppe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: The executable running is: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Local hostname: HTPC
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Log File is located: C:\Users\Jeppe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Setup SDL
21:15:22 T:960  NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on ATI Radeon HD 5670, adapter 0.

Furthermore, I don't get any audio on avi-files with ogg audio, but that is a general issue for Eden? I've seen some posts on the forum regarding this, but you guys might know something I guessed Wink

Update: It seems I have the same problem on normal RC2 client. The problem disappears when I set audio output to analog
Jaypeg Wrote:Anyone having any trouble playing mp3 audio on avi-files using this patch, the error seems to be consistent throughout my avi files with mp3 audio?

Furthermore, I don't get any audio on avi-files with ogg audio, but that is a general issue for Eden? I've seen some posts on the forum regarding this, but you guys might know something I guessed Wink

Update: It seems I have the same problem on normal RC2 client. The problem disappears when I set audio output to analog

It looks like it's trying to open the mp3 as passthrough, which most receivers will not accept. Not sure why it would do that (mine doesn't) unless you have the tag enabled in guisettings.xml

Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
        <audiodevice>wasapi:AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)</audiodevice>
        <channellayout>9</channellayout>
        <dontnormalizelevels>false</dontnormalizelevels>
        <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
        <mode>2</mode>
        <passthroughaac>true</passthroughaac>
        <passthroughmp1>false</passthroughmp1>
        <passthroughmp2>false</passthroughmp2>
        [b]<passthroughmp3>false</passthroughmp3>[/b]
    </audiooutput>

Have a look and make sure it's false.

For OGG I can't say - don't have any to test with.
Hi,

Getting massive pops and cracks when watching Dexter Season 3 Bluray rip with DTS soundtrack.

Everything else seems ok so far...

What should I look at for more debugging?

Here is the Media Inspector report on the mkv file...

http://pastie.org/pastes/3566598

Any ideas?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17